CONSEQUENCES

This is not a cheating story.

This short story could be a trigger for anyone that has ever been a target of a bully. I am so sorry if that happens. My friend's beautiful fifteen-year-old daughter was bullied last year, her freshman year of High School. Her best friend from Middle School became a High School Cheerleader, started hanging out with different friends and bullied her when she tried to stay in touch. She was also bullied by, of all people, a teacher. Her daughter is doing an on-line school for the upcoming school year because of the trauma she has gone through. It breaks my heart to hear of anyone being bullied, but especially this sweet girl. The school officials did nothing and covered for the teacher. In my story the bullies will feel regret. Please do not read if this will cause trauma for you. Thank you.

My name is Blake Abbott, I have been married to Annalise Kennedy for eighteen years. We have a beautiful fifteen-year-old daughter named Jacqueline or Jaci as she prefers to be called. Annalise is a famous award-winning actress. We keep our private life very private, and most people do not even know we are married or have a daughter. I am an author and have written several novels that have become award-winning movies. I love my family very much.

I just arrived in Burn, NC, to see what is going on with my daughter. I am going to surprise her at her school, at a football game. She is staying with her grandmother; Lily Jones is Annalise's mother. We have homeschooled or had a tutor for Jaci since she started school because we like keeping our family close. This year she begged to go to High School, so we let her come to her mother's hometown for freshmen year. We hesitated because Annalise and Lily had both been bullied in the same High School, but we hoped that things would be different in 2023. The thing that surprised me was that Lily and Annalise were bullied by the same family, a mother Janet and later by her daughter Jada. We just hoped that things would be different for our daughter, but the reason I am here is because it looks like it is starting again with a new generation.

I arrived at the local stadium, looking for my mother-in-law Lily, when a woman ran over and grabbed my arm saying, "My, my you are a handsome one. Can I help you?" I very gently removed her hand off of my arm and said, "No thank you. I know where I am going."

She said, "My name is Jada, and I would love to show you around, stranger." I nodded politely toward her, and slowly walked toward where Lily was standing. This woman kept walking with me talking a mile a minute and just being irritating. As I got closer to Lily, a police officer walked up to me and said, "May I help you?" I was thinking this is a weirdly friendly town, as I am from California this wasn't normal for me. I replied, "It's okay I see the person I was meeting." He kept watching me as I walked away, and I was glad when this Jada stayed with him. Later on, I discovered she is actually his wife.

When Lily saw me, she gave me a hug and whispered, "I see you have already encountered the viper of this town." That made me laugh, as I had realized Jada was my wife's bully from High School. It also made me angry as not only was she and her mother bully's but looks like her daughter is now bullying our daughter, Jaci. That's why I am here, as I can write anywhere, and my wife will be here as soon as the movie she is filming wraps. We have decided to attempt to stop or expose three generations of bullying and also, see why in the world this town puts up with bullying.

I know I am a stranger in town, but it was still uncomfortable how so many people walked by staring at me. Lily told me not to worry about it, that it was just because I am so handsome. She makes me laugh all the time. When the game finished, I was excited to surprise Jaci. When she saw me, she called out "Dad" and came running to hug me. She was so excited and looked around to see if her mom was with me. I told her just two more weeks and mom would be here. She introduced me to two of her friends that were with her, Dana and Will, both seemed shy. I wasn't sure I liked her having a boy as a friend, but she is fifteen.