A what...? (3rd POV)

Another day of practice, more routines to learn, and more attacks to perfect for the spring tournament. The gym is bustling with yells, sneakers hitting the hardwood, and balls being hit as a girl hesitantly approaches. Mattsun and Makki are the first to notice and step to block her from interrupting practice, most likely another fangirl of their captain's. She shrinks back as the two block her from the gym.

"Oi, coach's orders are still in effect, no girls in the gym."

"Yah, too many of you fangirls interrupt."

"Your lovely obsession needs his practice too. You wouldn't want Oikawa to lose because you girls keep interrupting, would you?"

The two alternate, trying to get the girl to leave before others see and it actually interrupts practice. The girl's eyes flash with confusion and she looks up from the ground to speak.

"I'm not here for Oikawa-san. I'm here because my boyfriend is on the team and he's late... he said he'd walk me home today," she mutters, fidgeting with the hem of her skirt.

"And who would that be?"

"Iwaizumi Hajime," she answers

"WHAT"

"HAH??"

Both yell out, causing everyone to stop practicing and the girl to step back and trip. But before she can hit the ground, someone catches her.

"Oi, what's going on?"

"Why is there screaming?"

"Aoki, what are you doing here?"

"Oh, Tooru still has my notes from the other day and I need them to study," the person who caught the girl says, startled by the unfolding dumpster fire

"Ehh? Why does Aoki have a girl in their arms?"

The gym fully bursts into chaos as the whole team scrambles to see out the door. Aoki gently lowers the girl to the ground and she just sits there, overwhelmed by the noise. Everyone is yelling over each other and no one makes it out the doors. The boys get pushed back inside by an annoyed Aoki who shushes them and tells them to wait a minute before they give the girl a heart attack. Mattsun and Makki shrug and guard the door as the chaos continues inside the gym, no one knowing what's going on.

"Are you okay, miss?" The girl's rescuer asks, holding out a hand to help her up, "I'm Aoki Hikaru and I'm sorry about the gym full of idiots."

"Thank you, I think I was just really startled. I didn't expect such chaos," she giggles, "I'm Kasumi Eina."

"Kasumi-san, what brings you to the volleyball gym? Girls aren't allowed..." Aoki laughs nervously

"Oh, I'm sorry! I came to check in on Iwaizumi. He said he'd walk me home today but it's past when he said he'd meet me so I wanted to make sure I didn't need to walk home on my own or if I do, then I can leave before dark."

Aoki nods in understanding before lighting up.

"You're Hajime's new girlfriend?" they burst out suddenly, looking apologetic

"Yes?"

"I'm so sorry, I should have recognized the name sooner. I'm one of Hajime's close friends along with the captain of the volleyball team, Oikawa Tooru, aka the reason girls aren't allowed in the gym. Because his fangirls mob the place."

"Oh! You're that Hikaru! Please call me Eina, no need for formalities!" she smiles

"Then call me Hikaru! Although... do you really want to deal with that chaos?" Aoki asks, gesturing to the gym where the pair can still hear yelling, "Because I can pull Hajime and you two can make a run for it."

"Ah, no. I should take care of the chaos I caused..."

Aoki shrugs and walks up to the gym doors, waving at the chaos duo to open up as Kasumi hides behind Aoki's back. More yelling as everyone step away from the doors to let the pair in. And then Iwaizumi is smacking people upside the head and rushing over.

"Kasumi, are you alright? These idiots didn't hurt you, did they?" Iwaizumi asks, grabbing her hands and looking her over

The gym falls silent.

"I'm fine thanks to Hikaru," she mutters, blushing at the attention

Iwaizumi realizes they're being stared at and clears his throat, quietly thanking Aoki before announcing something to the team.

"Everyone, this is my girlfriend Kasumi Eina. Please treat her with respect and DON'T harass her." he bows to the team before turning back to Kasumi, blushing.

Aoki ushers them outside before the team processes the information and starts yelling again, saying they'll grab Iwaizumi's bag for him real quick. Aoki sighs and goes to control the chaos.

"Oi, listen up! Kunimi, please grab Hajime's bag. Mattsun, Makki, I see you trying to sneak out- go start cleaning with Kindaichi and Yahaba. Kyoutani, stop trying to get out of cleaning, I can see you in the corner. Watari, please make sure everything gets cleaned up properly. Tooru, grab your stuff, I want my notes back. Save your questions for tomorrow, everyone. And stop scaring people!" Aoki huffs

The team springs into action, to Oikawa's surprise- usually, it's a hassle getting them all to work together that quickly. Aoki quickly thanks Kunimi for grabbing Iwaizumi's things and bows in apology to Watari for taking the vice-captain and now captain too, making Watari take over because he seemed the next most responsible. Watari beams from the compliment and Aoki smiles at everyone, saying a quick goodbye before pulling Oikawa outside with them.

"Hajime, I hope this is all your stuff. Make sure Eina-chan gets home safe!" Aoki says, handing off the bag

"Thanks... maybe we should have you help control the team more often, Hikaru. Kyoutani doesn't like to listen to anyone much so I'm surprised he listened to you," Iwaizumi chuckles before waving bye and leaving with Kasumi.

Oikawa stares as the couple walks away, feeling conflicted. He's happy that his Iwa-chan found someone good to date, so why does he want to cry? Aoki nudges his arm and Oikawa realizes he's actually crying a little. How childish. He's moved on, but he guesses he hasn't gotten all the tears out yet so he shrugs and smiles down at Aoki who sighs and starts tugging him away from the gym.

The two walk home in silence, Oikawa eventually stops crying, and Aoki finally gets their notes back.