Ch. 29

When the last song had ended, Jinx was dragged by Knox, Omega, Zephyr, and Ifrit backstage. Her mind was so clouded as she waited, not even noticing Swiss run over to Knox as he spun his mate around. Jinx finally spotted Phantom, her best friend jogging over to her with the biggest smile on his face. Phantom wrapped his arms around Jinx, she wrapped her arms around his neck as they hugged. Neither of them realized how deeply they missed each other until they finally touched each other again.

Phantom cupped Jinx's face when they separated from the hug. Phantom leaned forward and kissed Jinx out of pure excitement and adrenaline. It had been a while since he had seen her and he couldn't hold back. But it was a short kiss. He pulled away, both of them in shock of what just happened. But neither of them have a chance to say a single word because they are all piled into the vans as they drove to the hospital.

They rushed into the building, Copia talking to the people at the desk while Sodo messaged Aether. Phantom and Jinx stood next to each other, Phantom realizing he fucked up when Jinx wasn't speaking to him and not even looking at him.

Kasdeya was the first to break the silence, wrapping her arms around Zephyr and Omega, "I didn't know you guys were coming, I love this so much."

Zephyr laughed, squeezing Kasdeya one last time before he let go, "It was all Ifrit's idea, actually."

Kasdeya glanced over at Ifrit who smiled at her, the ghoulette smiling back at him. Copia came over, saying they have to wait until the doctor or the father comes out to get them and that they can't share any information. Kasdeya huffed to herself, flopping down in the seat next to Mountain. She leaned her head on his shoulder, feeling exhausted after the show. Mountain wrapped his arm around Kasdeya's shoulders, loving that she was back under his arm like how they always walked, but his mind was somewhere else.

Butch's threat haunted Mountain, it terrified him at the thought of Butch laying a hand on Kasdeya. Usually, Mountain wouldn't be afraid because he was the biggest ghoul back at the Ministry and Kasdeya was one of the scariest ghouls there. But Butch was something else. He found a way to kill either one of them without the other dying. Mountain would never let something happen to Kasdeya, but it still caused his hands to tremble at the thought of her dying.

Kasdeya snuggled closer to Mountain, her hands wrapped around his arm as she fell asleep against him. Her body warmed both of them in the cold hospital, enough to make Mountain lean his head on Kasdeya and fall asleep himself.

Sodo smiled at his sister, Rain was currently lying his head on his lap, Sodo running his hands through his hair ever so often. Cumulus and Cirrus were listening to music together, both of them struggling to not fall asleep. Sodo noticed how Swiss and Knox ran off, claiming they were going to get snacks but Sodo knew they were going to find a place to hook up. Omega, Ifrit, Zephyr, and Copia all chatted while the group all waited. But what the Fire ghoul really noticed was Jinx and Phantom sitting with an open chair between them. He was confused. Because literally one hour ago Jinx was getting Ciriced by Phantom and now they weren't even sitting together. He surely thought they would be excited to see each other because he would hear Phantom call Jinx almost every night.

When Sodo was sure Rain was asleep, he moved his partner's head onto the chair and stood up, stretching as he had been sitting for the past hour now. He walked over to Phantom, tapping his leg with his foot. Phantom looked up, raising an eyebrow at Sodo. Sodo glanced sideways at Jinx, motioning for the younger ghoul to follow him.

"What's up with you two?" Sodo asked once they got to a quiet corner. "I see you Cirice her and then you guys aren't even looking at each other."

Phantom rubbed the back of his neck, looking down at his feet, "We hugged after the show and I...I kissed her."