Ch. 14

"She's cold," Mountain rushed out in a panicked tone, Dewdrop looking up at him from his spot on the couch with Rain who was asleep.

"What do you mean she's cold, who's cold?" He asked, picking up on his nerves.

"Kasdeya."

That's all it took for Dewdrop to jump up, running to his sisters room where she was laying down in her bed. Kasdeya was clutching on to the blankets, her body shivering. Dewdrop crouched down to eye level, reaching out to touch Kasdeyas arm. He instantly pulled back. Her skin was ice cold. She's never once been ice cold, not even in the snow. This was bad. Very, very bad.

"Kasdeya, talk to me, what's wrong?" Kasdeya just shook her head, her teeth chattering. Dewdrop looked up at Mountian who ran a hand through his hair. "What the fuck did you do!?"

"I told her that I think I'm her mate."

The room was heating up from the anger Dewdrop felt at the moment. But Kasdeya was still freezing. Aether, Alpha and Omega who were talking ran in. Rain (who woke up and realized Dewdrop was missing) right behind them. Followed by Swiss and the three ghoulettes. What they walked in on was Dewdrop clutching onto Mountain's clothes despite him being nearly a foot shorter than Mountain.

"Dew, get off of him. And calm down, you'll light your sisters room on fire." Aether pulled him off of Mountain, his eyes glancing over to Kasdeya who looked sick. "What's wrong with Kasdeya?"

Dewdrop was pulled out of his angry state, returning to his sisters side. "She's ice cold, and I don't know why. But this fuckwad here said it happened as soon as he told her he thinks he is her mate."

Omega's eyes widened, Alpha looking at Dewdrop, "can't you help warm her up? You're her brother, and a Fire ghoul. Hell, can't I warm her up?"

"I tried that already, I touched her arm, trying to help but she's still cold. Alpha, what do I do?" Dewdrop looked up, tears almost welting in his eyes. He was scared. He was scared he was going to lose his sister.

Alpha looked down, not knowing what to do himself. Dewdrop then looked to Omega, who was trying to think. He looked at all of his friends, but none of them had an answer until Rain spoke. "Dew, the only ghoul that could possibly help Kasdeya right now would be Ifrit."

"Omega, do you still have his number?" The old band member nodded, "call him and get him here as fast as you can. I don't know how much longer Kasdeya might have. Alpha, I need you in here to help me get the room warmer. Cirrus, Sunny, Cumulus, can you-"

"We'll find as many blankets as we can." The three ghoulettes ran out of the room.

"Aether-"

"I'll go with Omega to get Ifrit." The two ghouls left, Dew hearing Omega speak over the phone.

".......yeah hi..............you need to come back.......it's an emergency, Ifrit............it's Kasdeya"

"Rain, it might not be safe for you to be in here, can you find space heaters? Anything to warm the room to help Kasdeya hang on a little longer." Rain nodded, rushing out to find as many space heaters as he could.

Dewdrops hands shook as he tried to use his abilities to warm his sister. Alpha helped, keeping the room warm, but the two were starting to grow tired. The ghoulettes returned with as many blankets as they could find. Rain and a few other ghouls had brought space heaters, plugging them in all around the room. Swiss was using his abilities with being a Multi ghoul to help keep Dew from panicking and to also provide a little heat. And Mountain...

The tall ghoul had been biting down on his knuckles the entire time, his fangs starting to pierce the skin. He caused this. It was all his fault. Kasdeya was in this state because of him. She would probably reject him as her mate, and he wouldn't blame her. But he couldn't leave, despite starting to feel the heat getting to him. It wasn't good for any ghoul to be in heat like this for a long period of time, especially not an Earth or Water ghoul.