Ch. 6

Knock, knock, knock...

   Mountain sat up, not sure if he heard the knocking in his dream or if someone was actually knocking at his door.

Knock, knock, knock...

Definitely not his dream. Mountain threw his covers to the side, stretching as he stood up. His height and sleeping was not his favorite thing. He's requested a bigger bed multiple times but Imperator still hasn't acknowledged him.

Mountain opened the door, looking down slightly, shocked but also not shocked to see Kasdeya standing there. She was in alligator fuzzy socks, shorts and an oversized t-shirt. "Couldn't sleep?" Kasdeya shook her head, not trusting the rasp in her voice. Mountain opened the door the rest of the way, allowing the ghoulette in.

Kasdeya took in Mountain's room: there were potted plants around the room but not in a cluttered way, the walls were a dark green for the sides that were not stone. They were forest green, Kasdeya thought as she looked, her favorite color. His bed was opposite of the door, like Kasdeya's, but instead of facing the wall where the bathroom was, the foot of the bed faced the door to enter and exit the room. His desk was on the wall adjacent to the door, and his shelf and dresser were on each side of the door to the bathroom. Books were piled on top of the shelf, on his desk, some were on the nightstand next to his bed, more were scattered on the floor or in the corners stacked up. It was cluttered, but a cozy clutter. Kasdeya felt comfortable and safe in Mountain's room.

"I love your room," Kasdeya whispered, her voice all raspy which she knew it would be.

"Thank you, it took me awhile to figure out how I wanted to decorate it. What is yours like? I never got a good look at it." Mountain asked, other thoughts invading his mind as Kasdeya stood in the middle of his room, dressed in an oversized shirt that made it seem like she wasn't wearing anything underneath. He pushed the thoughts down, clasping his hands in front of him as he felt a rush of heat through him as Kasdeya traced her fingers over a few of his plants.

"I haven't decorated it much, I never felt like changing it. I was always scared that Sister would send me back so I just thought that it would be easier to not change it." She spoke softly, holding back a yawn as she turned to face Mountain who looked baffled at the girls words. "What?"

"We are decorating your room at some point," Mountain sat on his bed, watching Kasdeya's every movement. His eyes followed where her hands touched, where the light from his fairy lights bounced off her skin. He couldn't tear his eyes away from her, like the cheesy song 'Can't Take My Eyes Off You' by Boys Town Gang sings.

   "Okay," she simply shrugged, a tired yawn escaping from her lips.

   "Tired?" Mountain asked knowingly. As soon as Kasdeya walked in he could feel all of her emotions flooding and a mix between stress and fear. So he has been using his abilities to calm her like he did back in the green house to help her relax.

   "Very," she yawned again, Mountain smiling at her.

   He patted the bed, "you can sleep here. He won't be able to reach you and I'll stay up until you fall asleep."

   "Really? I don't want to crowd your bed, you've complained in the past about it being to small for you." Kasdeya asked, her body feeling warm all over as Mountain's gaze dragged up her legs to her face.

   He nodded, "I don't mind at all."

   So Kasdeya seated herself in Mountain's bed, telling him it was more comfy than hers which the ghoul laughed at. They made small talk, Mountain knowing when Kasdeya was close to falling asleep buy how much slower her replies her. When she was completely asleep, Mountain was unable to fall back asleep himself. So he grabbed a book he had started off of his nightstand and read a few chapters. He was about to put the book back down when Kasdeya rolled over, snuggling against Mountain's side. Her head was lying on his chest, her one arm draped across his stomach. Mountain couldn't help but grin like a child on Christmas, he placed the book down, turning off the lamp and fairy lights before he shifted down slowly where he could lay his head on top of Kasdeya's. He wrapped his arms around her, the tall ghoul falling asleep that night with a smile on his face.