Ch. 28

"go ahead and cry little girl, nobody does it like you do, i know how much it matters to you, i know that you got daddy issues" daddy issues -the neighbourhood

There was a knock at her door, Jinx just wanted whoever to leave her alone. She was clouded in darkness, drowned by blankets, clutching a significant one to her chest. She remained silent when they knocked again, praying to Satan to make them go away. Nothing could pull her from this.

"She hasn't been out of her room in nearly four days, I'm worried because she hasn't eaten either. She might have snacks in there but I'm not sure," the muffled voice of Knox was heard on the other side.

Jinx rolled over, covering her body with blankets, hiding underneath them in the dark. "Let me try, and you couldn't find Omega, right?"

"No, I think he's doing something for a brother of sin," Knox whispered, and that was the last of the conversation Jinx heard.

Her door opened. She had no idea how because she had locked it and no one had a key to her room except certain people. And all those people were gone. "Jinx?" Ifrit's voice echoed in the empty room, the Fire ghoul seeing a figure under the heap of blankets. "Come on out, Jinx," Ifrit sat on the bed, seeing the blankets shift as she moved.

Jinx pulled her body into a ball, clutching Phantom's blanket to her chest. His scent was slowly fading from it, so the previous night she snuck into his room to steal one of his t-shirts (one that she was currently laying in) and another one of his blankets, she rubbed this one around in it.

"Kid, what's wrong?" Ifrit asked, seeing the blankets move as a form of Jinx shaking her head, meaning she didn't want to talk about it. "It's just me, no one else is here, talk to me, kid."

Jinx lifted the blanket from over her head, "I'll never be loved."

"What?" Ifrit looked at her with confusion written all over his face.

"I'm the odd one out being a ghoul with human blood, it's impossible for me to have a mate." Jinx cried, covering her face with Phantom's yellow comfort blanket.

"Kid," Ifrit sighed, wrapping his arms around her and pulling her to his chest.

"I'm never going to have a mate, I'm scared of finding love because I'm not supposed to have a mate," Jinx sobbed, shaking her head as she cried into Ifrit's shirt.

Ifrit stroked her hair, letting the eighteen-year-old cry everything out. She was so young. Too young to be dealing with shit. "Nothing I say or do will help you, will it?" Jinx shook her head no. "Is there anything or anyone who could make this better?"

A name popped into Jinx's head immediately, but she pulled away, looking at Ifrit with glossy eyes, "Please leave me alone, Ifrit, I just wanna be alone."

So he did that, leaving Jinx alone as she curled back up into the mountain of blankets. When Knox asked what was wrong, all Ifrit said was that he was going to take care of it. He found Omega, asking him who the ghoul was that Jinx has been spending time with that he mentioned a while ago. After talking with Omega, Ifrit went to his room and opened his laptop.

Knox opened Jinx's door, getting a text from Phantom at the same time.

Phantom👻: hey, is jinx okay? she hasn't been answering me?

Knox: Yeah, she's asleep. She hasn't been feeling the best :(

Phantom👻:oh, well make sure she gets better

Knox: I will

Knox took a picture of Jinx, sending it to Phantom to show him that she was asleep. When Phantom opened the photo, he smiled seeing her cuddling his blanket, and he also noticed that she was in a shirt he's seen before. That's because it was his. It was one of his band t-shirts. Phantom looked closer at the photo, seeing the mess in her room and bundles of blankets. He felt like something was wrong with Jinx, besides being sick, but he also didn't want to call her while she slept because he knew how much she needed it.