51

Dear readers,

Long time, no see! I apologise for the lack of writing in my ongoing books, I have been very busy with university! As the new academic year is approaching I am hoping to be able to write more!

I have a question to ask you all. Writing is something I immensely enjoy, and I find it incredibly cathartic. When writing, I spend a lot of time on fanfiction. A single chapter takes around 4 hours, over two days, so you can understand how many hours would end up going into a full book. I need to find a way to monetise the hours of work I spend on this.
As I'm sure you're all aware, I cannot sell fanfiction for copyright reasons. However, I wanted to get your opinion on setting up a patreon where I will begin writing short stories, with similar themes to the ones in my books. While the characters will not be from the Greys Anatomy universe, the stories and themes will be similar, and I hope that you would come to love my own characters.
I would love for you all to request one-shot ideas or stories you would like to see on my patreon, and I will continue to post on Wattpad also to write about Greys Anatomy, as much as I can.

I understand not all of you will be in a financial position to support a patreon, or you might not even be interested, but I hope you can understand the need for me to monetise the amount of time I spend writing and I ask that you support me where you can. Before I set it up though, I wanted to run the idea past all of you!

I can't thank you enough for being such dedicated readers and I can't wait to write more for you all!

All the best,

Emily x