Secret Smiles

"My alone time is for the safety of others too, you know" Wednesday glared at the tall boy beside her. Xavier just scoffed and rotated his body to fully face her, still obxiously sitting on top of the railings, taunting Wednesday with how easily he could simply... slip.

"Oh please. You haven't had 'alone time' for weeks. Enid has always been there, updating her documentary on you"

Wednesday's brows furrowed slightly as she stood straighter and folded her arms across her chest. "Documentary? On me?"

Xavier's eyes widened at his mistake as he jumped down and slowly backed away a few steps, holding his hands up in surrender. "That's not what I meant Wednesday. I just-"

"Tell me now or I will snap every single finger of yours so you can't draw for months"

Xavier shook her head, determined not to give in. "Look Addams, it's not my place to tell"

Wednesday cocked a brow as the corner of her lip curled like an autumn leaf. "We'll see"

--

"Wends do you know what happened to Xavier? He's refusing to tell anyone but his nose looks-"

"Sinclair, what is this?" Wednesday deadpanned as she held out her phone for the wolf to see.

The blonde walked further into the room and closed the door, her head tilting and frowning, stepping forward to glance at the phone screen. Her eyes bulged and jaw dropped, hands flying to cover the surprised gasp.

"How did you find that? Wednesday, you couldn't even set your wallpaper how did you set up Twitter?"

Wednesday knew exactly how to set her wallpaper; it wasn't rocket science. The moths in her stomach, however, thoroughly enjoyed Enid's playful sigh and eye roll before leaning over her shoulder, the blondes breath ghosting over Wednesday's ear as she spoke softly. It left an uncomfortable warmth spreading over her face.

"For the record, the man child would not hold up well in torture" Wednesday smirked again before exiting the photo of her at her typewriter, her lips pursed and eyes closed in thought. She scrolled through the dozens of photos Enid had posted on one of her many twitter accounts, all adorned with badly typed comments from friends, often involving the word 'simp'. Wednesday was yet to figure that one out.

"I particularly find this one amusing" the goth stated. She pulled up a picture of herself standing in the forest just past the grounds of Nevermore. Her nose and cheeks were tinted a bright red, a sharp contrast to the glistening snow blanketing her shoulders and new hat - curtsy of Enid herself - that was in the process of being pulled further down.

The raven was glaring at thing that perched on a low branch due to his comment on said red features. Her ears were the only things she could hide at the time and Enid thought she looked absolutely adorable clutching her beanie.

"It really shows off the murderous twinkle in my eyes"

Enid rolled her eyes at Wednesday's reuse of Yoko's teasing comments.

"I had loads of pictures of you and didn't know what to do with them sooo I may have created an account dedicated to you" the lycanthrope sheepishly smiled at her girlfriend.

Wednesday returned the gesture and switched off her phone, setting it back on top of her drawers. "It's okay Enid. But please remove the ones of me smiling. I can't have bianca thinking I've gone soft" The goth physically shuddered and Enid couldn't help but giggle behind her hand.

She whipped out her phone and removed the two photos she'd captured of Wednesday's smile from her account.

One was when they went to a bookshop a week ago and Enid had secretly snapped a picture of her roommate standing on her tip toes to reach a book she'd been dying to read for a while, leaning on the shelf for balance and smiling at Enid's comment of her being 'vertically challenged'.

The second was at the movie theatre just out of town. Wednesday had insisted they watch a horror for their date night and when Enid came back from getting more snacks she took another quick picture, this time a more subtle smile gracing her lips. Unfortunately, her flash was on without her realising and the pair were kicking out shortly after. Neither minded, it lead to an interesting story to tell after all.

"You did look really cute in those pictures, even if you swear you haven't gone all soft"

Wednesday let a breath of air escape, shaking her head slightly. "Cute has never been a goal of mine Sinclair"

"Whatever you say Willa" she lent down to place a kiss on the ravenette's cheek, skipping back to her side of the room.

Unbeknownst to Wednesday, the blonde's phone had been slipped to thing who quickly captured the bright pink lip stick stain Enid had purposely left behind. Said lycanthrope was caught in the corner of the frame, winking down at the hand with a badly contained smirk.