My Moonlight

Enid Sinclair had been a bit of a yo-yo concerning all things Wednesday this past week or so.

It bothered Wednesday more than she'd like to admit for the bubbly blonde had grown on her like some kind of fungus that clung for dear life. Wednesday learned to long for that attention and desperate need to be liked the lycanthrope radiated. It was comforting in a way she'd never been comforted before.

What Wednesday wasn't aware of, was the fact that Enid was spacing herself due to being severely nervous around the brooding goth. She didn't want to let anything slip. After all, Enid was nuturiously known for being terrible at lying or keeping secrets. Especially under such a piercing stare that Wednesday would no doubt shoot her way.

The blonde and her blood sucking best friend had been trying to think of the best way to confess her feelings to her roommate. It was a slow process, Yoko ever really suggesting daring ideas that Enid would never have the courage to carry out and Enid never having fancied a girl before.

The only time anyone had ever shown interest in the lycanthrope was Ajax and Enid had to tell him to ask her out. That wouldn't work with Wednesday. She wanted something special: something worthy of the goth's attention.

The girls were in the library after lunch one quiet Sunday, hunched over a messy notebook to improve upon a rough draft Enid had knocked up at 2am the night before (all her best ideas come to her when she's sleep deprived and imagination is in overdrive).

Wednesday was in town for the most part of the day to get more supplies for her type writer and to spend some alone time in the Weathervane - unfortunately, the only place that sold decent coffee. This deemed it the perfect time to execute their plan.

It was simple really.

*Later that evening*

The dorm was unusually quiet as Wednesday pushed her key into the rusting lock, giving it a little wiggle as she turned it and nudged the door open.

A soft hum of classical music, a piece Wednesday herself had played a couple times out on the balcony during restless nights, came from the other side of the window.

Wednesday lowered her bag onto her bed and slowly walked to the window, peering at her roommate's silhouette through blurry, condensation filled glass.

Attached to said glass was old parchment paper folded neatly with her name sprawled across it.

Wednesday cautiously peeled the paper from the window and let it drop open, revealing typed letters that looked to be from her typewritter.

Most people adore the sun. They praise it when it finially decides to show it's face and get upset when it dissappears for the night.

Not me.

You see, I always preferred the moon. You can stare at the moon for hours, marvel in its beauty for it, is in fact, the epitome of beauty.

After all, the sun is only a giant ball of fire, waiting to blind those who dare to glance for too long. The moonlight turns otherwise
brooding and creepy settings into enchanted, mystical places where people can bask in it's staggering glow.

I much prefer the moon.

I sometimes think of you as my moon.

Not because your dark or cold but because you make me feel safe and as if I matter, shining under your spotlight as if I were most important to you.

I like thinking I matter to you.

It's more important than mattering to anyone else.

For you, dear Wednesday Friday Addams, are my moonlight.

If you'd wish to be?

The oldest Addams peered through the window once again, her featers softening when they met nervous blue. Obsidian eyes dropped to the blonde's fingers that twirled a black rose around tentively.

She pushed the glass open and stepped through the threshold, the cold air nipping at her cheeks and it was only now that she saw the goosebumps trailing along Enid's uncovered arms.

Wednesday peeled her oversized hoodie off and offered it to the lyacnthrope who gladly accepted it, throwing it over her head and snuggling into it, inhaling the perfect scent of bitter coffee and ink.

The blonde extended the rose but Wednesday wasn't looking at her anymore, peering out into the night instead.

"I swore I'd never fall in love. Waste time on such petty emotions that only cloud judgment."

The smaller girl chuckled darkly to herself and shook her head at the floor before glancing up again at the stars, eyes landing on the moon briefly and smiling to herself.

" You play obnoxious music and I don't think you've ever picked up a book in your life and God forbid I watch the same shows your so engrossed in. My brain cells may disintegration"

Enid pouted lightly and dropped her arm, the rose falling pitifully to her side.

"Yet your... irresistible. You touch me despite my deep hatred for physical affection but yet when you stop I yearn for it. Your music may be terrible and dancing no where near correct yet I have to surpress the erge to chuckle every time at your childish whims. You wolfed out for the first time ever to protect me. You didn't shy away when you met thing or judge my family when you saw them"

Wednesday turned to her roommate, still wearing that precious smile and adorable dimples that the blonde very rarely saw and certainly not for this long.

"My point is, is that you entertain me and entice me more than anyone ever really has Enid. I enjoy your companionship. So - yes, I suppose I'd like to be your... moon" the goth hesitated, not really sure what she was saying, only that Enid had never beamed so brightly before and she wished to capture the look in the lyacnthrope's eyes forever.

Enid offered the rose once again which Wednesday accepted for a short period of time, admiring it before tucking it behind Sinclair's ear.

"Perhaps love isn't so torturous after all" she whispered into the breeze, quirking an eyebrow at the blonde as she reached forward to take the goth's hand. She stroked her thumb against Enid's warm skin and the lyacnthrope lent closer to the smaller girl, tucking her head beneath her chin.