Valentine

14th February

Valentine's Day

Every year that Enid and Wednesday had spent together, the blonde had always just assumed that the pair were eachothers valentine. The raven, however, always felt the need to ask in ways that always left Enid a melted puddle of lovesick.

"Good morning Wends" the blonde beamed, coming out of the bathroom with messy, wet hair in all directions and wearing a simple pair of sweats and a crop top.

Wednesday paused her braiding to gape at her girlfriend.

Enid toyed with fingers, questioning what Wednesday could possibly be so appalled by. "Wends? Everything okay?"

Wednesday shook her head lightly to snap out of her fake trance but continued her intense staring, mouth still hanging open an inch or two. "Sorry my beloved. I just can't believe your here"

This truly got the lycanthrope puzzled. Her eyebrows knitted together and mouth opened and closed like a fish on land, words failing her. "You are aware I live here, right?" she asked slowly, glancing around the room as if to check her belongings were still there.

"I just thought that masterpieces were supposed to be kept in museums" the goth shrugged and finished her hair by messing with her bangs.

Enid blushed profusely and looked anywhere but at her roommate, her mouth now agape. Romantic Wednesday has been awakened early apparently.

Wednesday stood from her bed, chuckling darkly at Sinclair as she used her forefinger to push Enid's chin up, closing her mouth.

"Cat's got your tongue?" she teased.

"Shut up" the wolf mumbled back pathetically, loving the attention she rarely got.

Don't her wrong, she loved Wednesday as she was and would never wish for her to change but who doesn't love the whole cheesy, romantic flirting every now and again?

--

It was now just after noon and Enid was preparing for her lunch date with Wednesday. Every 14th the ravenette would leave a small, heart shaped, red note in her locker with cursive writing asking the blonde to meet her at the Weathervane café along with an exgravigant compliment. She even hearts the 'I's!

Nothing the ravenette did was short of perfection when it came to Enid Sinclair.

Dressed in her flowy, white dress that came to her knees with red and pink love hearts and white converse that Enid had personally added a few Taylor Swift lyrics to the rims of, she entered the quiant coffee shop and instantly met obsidian eyes.

Wednesday smiled softly at the blonde and waited for her to near before getting to her feet, pulling out the chair opposite of her own. Enid thanked her and sat, waiting for Wednesday to sit back down before offering her a black daliah that she had picked from the school's greenhouse.

Wednesday accepted and, in return, gave Enid a red rose that she had bought from the same florist she always went to on this day of the year.

"I love your dress" Wednesday complimented, sipping her quad.

"Thank you. I found it in a sale last week. 50% off too. Yoko thought it would look cute on me" she rambled nervously. Even after dating for 3 years, Wednesday never failed to make butterflies roar around her stomach and lungs.

Of course, Wednesday experienced the same feelings around her warewolf though she'd never so openly show it.

"I'd much prefer it 100% off" Wednesday husked grinning at Enid as she innocently sipped her hot chocolate Wednesday had already got for her, burning her self slightly as she always did.

Enid's lip quirked to the side and playfully hit Wednesday's arm. "The shop can't just give stuff away for free Wednesday"

"No, Sinclair that's not -"

"That'd be a terrible way to run a business" the blonde shook her head at the shorter girl.

Wednesday sighed and gave up, sliding over the vanilla cake she had also purchased and handing over one of the forks. The pair began eating and catching up about their morning.

"So, Enid-" the goth started after a couple of minutes but the lycanthrope was quick to cut her off, sliding over a small jewellery box and practically vibrating with excitement as perplexion took over the ravenette's features.

Tentatively, Wednesday pushed the lid open to reveal a small folded piece of paper which she plucked between two fingers and unfolded. It read 'Will you be my valentine?' with two boxes underneath, a scrawled 'yes' and 'no' beside each and little smiley/frowny faces.

Wednesday grinned lightly and reached into her pocket where she always kept a pencil and a notepad - Enid fully aware of this fact - and checked the 'yes' box. Handing the paper back over to the blonde.

Also in the box was a small, multicoloured candy bracelet that Wednesday recognised as what Enid was eating the day she asked her to be her girlfriend. To seal the relationship, the lycanthrope insisted that the goth wear one too.

She didn't eat the bracelet, despising the taste of the chulk Enid loved but she appreciated the thought and slipped the elastic string around her wrist, jingling it in the air to show Enid.

Sinclair beamed back, proud of her plan working smoothly and that Wednesday actually thought the gesture to be sweet.

"Now -" Enid smirked at her girlfriend " - how about we make this dress 100% off?"

(Yes, it took embarrassingly long for Enid to realise what the other girl was suggesting)

Wednesday lightly bit her bottom lip, sucking in her breath and clicking her tongue quietly. "I wish I could take you seriously mon amour but you've had chocolate coating your upper lip for the past 10 minutes" Wednesday admitted.

Enid's eyes bulged and jaw slacked open. "And your only now just telling me!?" she frantically whispered - shouted at the goth.