The Baby

"Wednesday I need a torch!" the lycanthrope whined loudly.

Wednesday sighed quietly once again and mentally cursed thing for telling Enid about her plans for going back to retrieve the snood. It was entirely to prove a point as the blonde didn't believe Wednesday had cared for her heartfelt gift. Of course, Sinclair was ecstatic and immediately dropped the accusations.

You see, when the pair were at the Gates mansion that dreadful night Wednesday wasn't the only one to leave something behind. Enid had taken a good luck charm of sorts in hopes it would keep her safe. However, said charm fell out of her pocket whilst they were busy being hunted by the Hyde.

The goth hadn't stopped poking holes in Enid's belief of the charm after all things considered but it appeared very important to the blonde and well, the blonde was very important to Wednesday.

"I thought dogs could see well in the dark" the ravenette teased, smirking to herself knowing the blonde slowly trailing behind couldn't see it.

The lycanthrope grunted in annoyance and mumbled something under her breath - something along the lines of 'I swear I'm gonna wolf out and unalive you'.

Despite the threat, Enid jogged a little faster (albeit she wound up tripping twice as much over bulky, unearthed tree roots) and caught up to the Addams child, wrapping her hands tightly around the smaller girl's bicep.

They neared the dilapidated building that held so many nightmarish memories and Enid's claws extracted, digging into Wednesday's arm and presumably drawing blood but the goth didn't mind one bit. The warewolf hadn't even taken notice.

The overgrown moss and rust that once held the door sealed hadn't had enough time to heal over its broken wound and so it was easy access and no need for Sinclair's super strength (not that she planned on letting go of the goth's arm any time soon).

The duo headed to the basement where the dumbwaiter had last fallen and the lycanthrope pried it open. From there, Wednesday got to work untieing her snood.

It was a quick search along the floor before ocean eyes caught sight of her familiar fluffy bear key chain. The once yellowed with age but clean fur now had a blanket of dust over it but no serious damage. She sighed in relief.

Still, shivers ran up the lycanthrope's spine and shot out over her body. Something about jars full off unknown liquid and people's body parts really was unnerving.

"I really shouldn't be here. Stress is bad for the baby" Enid muttered, backing away from the shelves of horror.

Wednesday couldn't have bolted upright quicker, almost smacking her head on the half closed door but luckily ducking in time to gawk at the blonde.

Her eyes fell from her face to her stomach, then back again. This happened repeatedly whilst Sinclair inspected her keychain, unbeknownst to Wednesday's confounded looks.

"What baby?" the ravenette suddenly burst out.

Enid looked perplexed for a second before glancing back at her roommate with an isn't-it-obvious look. "Me" Sinclair deadpanned

Wednesday deflated back into the small compartment, eyes rolling and permanent frown etched into her face. "I can't believe I'm dating you" she scoffed.

A/n a nice short one