~failure~

Y/N stood there at the pearly gates of heaven; head hung low. Why is he in heaven? Well, Godzilla went on a rampage, and Y/N was one of the kaiju/titans he killed, and he hated that fact. He couldn't stop his rampage, and he couldn't save everyone from him. Mothra, Rodan, and Anguirus They were all killed. The humans were all going to be killed; their mechas couldn't hold a candle to Godzilla's power. The only one that did was Kiryu, and now he is destroyed. He knew that because Y/N teamed up with Kiryu in an attempt to stop Godzilla, and they almost won too if it weren't for the Mecha malfunctioning and turning rogue. Kiryu powered down and got destroyed, and then Godzilla killed him.

Of course, it would happen. What made him think he could kill Godzilla, King of the Monsters? He was barely stronger than Gamera. He needed his brother and sister to hold back Ghidorah; he barely did anything to Destroyah; Muto Prime broke his back; and sure, he may have defeated Kaiju like Gigan or Battra. But they couldn't do anything anyway, so it didn't matter. He was a failure. Head hung low, he walked into heaven, refusing to meet the gaze of anyone. Once the hole-judging part of the afterlife was done, he started walking slowly. His mind was blank as a sheet of paper.

"Hey Y/N," he knew that voice, oh God, was it. Glancing up, Mothra stood, her once-happy expression twisted into one of concern. "What's wrong?" Looking down, he continued walking, ignoring her concern. Mothra followed him. "Is there something wrong? What happened?" Mothra continued. "What does it matter to you?" Mothra was taken aback by those words. "I'm your mate; it's my job to know what's wrong and try to help you." "I-i just want to be left alone," he muttered while walking away. Mothra stood there before nodding. "Well, okay, we'll talk later, alright?" Y/N flew away, not saying anything. Mothra watched Y/N fly away, sadness filling her. Sighing, she had an idea of what was wrong. She flew after him.

(Time Skip)

Y/N was pressed up against a tree, his head hung low, and tears streamed down his face. Y/N's eyes slowly moved up; he heard a light thump. Mothra stood there instead of her normal peaceful demeter was replaced by concern. Mothra slowly walked up to him; she snuggled up against Y/N, lying her head under his neck, placing her body against his chest, and her wings were wrapped around him. Y/N started crying again. Mothra hugged him. Some time passed, and Y/N was just there. "I'm such a failure." Y/N muttered quietly. "You're not a failure." Mothra spoke softly in an attempt to console Y/N. Her body started feeling Y/N's shaking. "Yes, I am. I couldn't save the humans, you." At this point, Y/N was shaking harder, which was followed by him crying violently. Hugging him tighter, Mothra attempted to comfort him. After some time, Y/N stopped crying and shaking; he was again just there.

"Y/N" Mothra finally spoke up. "Don't be so hard on yourself. You did what you could. We all have our defeats." Mothra spoke with a softness that rivaled snow. "But I-" "Shh, even though you might not see it, you saved human lives when you and Godzilla battled." Y/N laid there listening. "Even though you lost, you still fought with everything you had." Mothra followed. She removed herself from him to stare deep into his E/C. Y/N nodded. He wasn't fully convinced, but he was too tired to argue. "Okay," Y/N said, his voice breaking. Mothra allowed Y/N to wrap her up in his arms. They both laid there, eventually drifting off to sleep.

Word Count: 623