-11. bullies

it was the next day, and the class was in gym playing handball.

keonjin was paired up with jukyung, and they were tossing the ball back and forth.

"hey uh, han seojun's bike was gone this morning, and so were the keys off my desk." keonjin said to her brother, who she was standing next to.

"oh really?" he said as he tossed the ball. "hey let's switch spots!" jukyung said to keonjin.

"why.." she said confused. "it feels weird throwing from here." jukyung said.

"okay?" keonjin shrugged, walking to the other side as her and jukyung switched.

suho caught the ball that was thrown to him, and then jukyung said something.

her and suho started exchanging a few words, and  then she walked away to go to soojin and sooah.

"hey! are you serious!" keonjin said, jogging over to her friends.

they started talking, and then sooah's boyfriend taehoon yelled out, "suho is returning to basketball!"

"l-lee suho is playing? wh-why is he suddenly?" hyeongyu said nervously, as people started to awe at the fact that suho was coming back to basketball.

suho was very good at basketball, and used to play on the team up until the death of his best friend, and he never played again.

"is he really?" sooah said. "whoa!" people said loudly, excited to see him play.

"apparently he's playing in a basketball game.." jukyung said.

"who can play against that height?" hyeongyu complained.

he then turned to seojun, who was tossing the ball hand to hand.

"seojun, you okay a little right?" he said. "what? why? do you think i'd be good?" seojun said putting the ball down.

"and here's his ego." keonjin said crossing her arms and shaking her head.

"i'm freaking amazing." he smirked. "of course you're freaking amazing! then for this year's school festival, shouldn't you play for our grade team and show off those freaking amazing skills?" hyeongyu said.

"well then..." seojun started. "you should ask lee keonjin." he said looking at her.

"i'm only listening to what she says." he pointed at keonjin.

"oh i'll only listen to you!" his friends and some other people teased.

"oh my gosh." keonjin said, rolling her eyes. seojun stood up, grunting.

"keonjin, want to see me play basketball?" he asked smirking.

"no. not at all." she said crossing her arms. hyeongyu grunted, and threw down the ball he had in his hands.

"not at all?" seojun said. hyeongyu kneeled in front of keonjin, clasping his hands.

"keonjin, please let him play. i don't want him to lose to that guy!" hyeongyu said pointing to taehoon.

keonjin sighed, "ugh, i don't care. do it or don't." "your wish is my command." seojun said.

"i'm playing in the basketball game." he said to hyeongyu. "okay! thank you!

"just have to take it easy, like this." seojun said, and then shot up the ball, and the students oohed as one of them ran to catch it.

"sir, right this way!" hyeongyu said treating seojun like a king. "that's it, right?"

"yes!" hyeongyu said. "let's go." seojun said in english, and him and hyeongyu walked away.

"gosh, does he have a crush on you?" sooah asked. "again.."

"look, he wouldn't act this way just because you took a photo of him riding his motorcycle." sooah said.

"whether he likes her or he's just teasing her, he's so childish." soojin said.

"i'll never be able to understand your brother keonjin," soojin said, and they all turned around to suho.

"look at him playing volleyball by himself." she continued. "it's handball." jukyung said.

"oh right, look at him go." soojin said, as they all watched him.

"ahh, it's suho, don't be shocked." keonjin said, walking away and going anywhere she could.

-

as she walked inside, the bell for the end of the class rang, so keonjin decided to go and change back into her normal uniform and then go ahead and go to her next class.

keonjin stopped in front of the bathrooms, hearing insulting worlds coming out of someone's mouth.

"you still don't understand, what i'm saying." a girl said.

"you can't do it cause you're ugly, bitch." she said, and then keonjin walked away, going to end this somehow.

she found a bucket of water, which smelled terrible so she figured the janitor had used it.

"perfect." keonjin smirked, and they took the bucket back to the bathroom.

she saw the three girls who were bullying the girl with the great singing voice and she splashed it on her.

"are you crazy?! why would you splash dirty mop water on me?!" the girl said as her and her friends were soaked.

"your mouth is soo filthy, i figured you needed to wash it." keonjin said.

"who do you think you are to speak to your classmate like that!" she yelle.

"is looking pretty outside all that matters, even if your insides are filthy and disgusting?"

"you're a grade 11? who the hell are you to throw a damn fit?" the girl said, walking towards keonjin.

"me?"

keonjin didn't think about this..who was she. "i'm her sister! why! what about it!" keonjin yelled.

sooah, jukyung, and soojin all walked in, hearing keonjin's yells.

the one who was being bullied, gowoon, ran out and keonjin dropped the bucket.

"gowoon!" keonjin yelled, following her and leaving her friends.

keonjin lost track of her, but went up the roof to see if she was there.

and she was, gowoon was staring afar, standing still on the roof.

keonjin walked up to her, holding out a napkin. "here."

gowoon took it, and sniffled. "like they said..do you think there are people who are meant to be on stage."

"no way, you got the solo because you're talented. i heard you sing." keonjin said.

"you uh..remind of one of my old friends. two of them actually, but more one of them."

gowoon sighed, "i thought i could make it with just my talent. but what if the audience laughs at me just like those girls?"

"i'm afraid my voice won't be taken seriously because of my face." she cried.

"the ones laughing at you are in the wrong. don't give up."

"don't run away because you're afraid." keonjin said.

"you're so pretty. so..you probably don't understand how i'm feeling." gowoon said.

keonjin laughed nervously, "to be honest, i kinda do. i'm half japanese, and i got a lot of my mom's feature and she's the japanese one. i used to get bullied when i enrolled in school here when i moved from japan."

"now i wear makeup, to hide my japanese features, and to seem more korean." keonjin sighed.

"i'm sorry." gowoon said. "it's okay, it's not about me."

"but, just for the festival tomorrow, put on some makeup. but don't do it again, you're already pretty." keonjin said, and gowoon smiled at her.