-06. math

keonjin walked towards the school building, apply lip onto her already pink lips.

a motercycle passed in front of her, and some of it smudged to the side.

the motorcycle stopped, and the cyclist took off their helmet.

"hey, lee keonjin." seojun said. "me? what." she said trying to wipe the lip tint off.

"is jukyung dating suho?" he asked. "why are you asking me."

"that's your best friend, and that's your brother. either of them would tell you."

"no, they aren't. their not in a relationship."

"i could see that." he said, getting off his motorcycle and leaving.

"what a random question." keonjin said shaking her head and continuing to walk to class.

a while later, keonjin was in math class. math was her best subject, she didn't even have to pay attention to pass.

so she layed down, as she listen to the teacher ramble on about constant functions.

"what's the limiting value of content function 7, when a x goes over 6." she asked.

"of course it's 7. it's because the constant function's value remains at 7."

"who will come out and solve the next question?" the then asked.

everyone pretended they were sleeping, or looking the other direction so they wonr get chosen.

"i should've have asked.

"our lee twins, come out and solve number 1 and 2." the teacher said.

keonjin groaned as she sat up, raising her left hand.

"yes keonjin?"

"my right hand has a cramp from me doing work last night in my kitchen, and i'm right handed."

the teacher sucked her teeth, and then chose on soojin to answer number 1 instead.

"and...transfer student lim jukyung, come up and solve number 3."

jukyung got up slowly, knowing she wasn't good at math. "good luck." keonjin whispered.

you could hear the clack of the chalk against the board on soojin and suho's side, but jukyung stood there dumbfounded.

from the corner of her eye, keonjin spotted seojun doing something weird with his hands, with one eye closed.

"what are you doing?" keonjin whispered. "that's none of your buisness." he responded.

keonjin copied his actions, and then realized he was putting either of the girls with suho.

"i told you they're not dating, and neither are soojin and suho." keonjin whisper-yelled.

soojin and suho both sat down, suho leaving first. "as expected! you won't have a problem winning this year's math olympial." the teacher said excitedly.

"the principal's really looking forward to it. you have to be good. you should really be pressured."

"you know it'll change the atmosphere of the teacher meetings. understand?" the teacher continues at suho went to sit.

the teacher walked over to jukyung, "what's good looking at it when you've got a different question."

jukyung laughed, "you're right."

seojun chuckled loudly, and the class turned to him, "it looks seojun is confident."

"han seojun, come out and solve this instead of jukyung." he yawned laying down on his desk.

"that won't work, come out." jukyung excitedly sat down, giving seojun the chalk as he rolled his eyes coming up.

-

"i probably won't be able to enter college if i give up math, right?" jukyung said, as all the girls walked together.

"you have to be good at everything except math." keonjin responded.

"i won't be able to get into college for sure." jukyung complained.

"do you want to come to my math academy. all the kids good at math went there like soojin and suho attend to study there." sooah said

"did keonjin go too?" jukyung asked. "no, she somehow has a gift for math. it comes so easy to her." sooah said.

"my mom did tell me to look for math academies."

"come come, we do a study group after and we'll let you in too." sooah said.

"thank you." jukyung asked.

the four stopped at suho, you was sitting on a bench, but seojun cam over, looking keonjin dead in the eye.

"keonjin, can i talk to you?" he asked.

"go ahead." she said.

"in private."

soahh unlinked her arm from keonjin, and she followed seojun a bit away from her friends.

"so?" she asked. "can you..help me in math." seojun said, talking very quietly.

"i can't hear you." "can you help me in math, please." he asked again.

"me? you're asking me to help you in math." keonjin asked.

"the work makes no sense, and you're the only person good at math that i'm fond of."

"so you like me?" keonjin said crossing her arms. "no! i mean, i just don't hate you. neutral feelings."

keonjin nodded, "okay, i'll help you. as long as you treat me to food after every time."

"are you serious?"

"am i laughing."

"fine, you have yourself a deal." seojun said holding out his hand, and keonjin shook it smirking.

they parted ways, with keonjin going back to her friends, "i guess he declined your offer to join." she said seeing suho walk away.

"i guess seojun asked you on a date." sooah said excitedly.

"ew no, never. just private stuff." keonjin said. "like dating."

"speaking of, lim ju, i gave your number to that guy in setting you up on a blind date with." sooah said.

"already?"

"he should call you soon, look isn't he cute." sooah said showing the group a picture.

"he looks like a heartbreaker, sort of." keonjin said. "you're one to talk." soahh said.

"his character should be be cute. make up your mind after you meet him." soojin said.

"i'm not mentally ready yet." jukyung said. "should i meet him rather than suffer from rumors."

"good idea! he's already into you after just looking at your pictures" sooah said, bouncing on her heels.

"i never set up a date and time did i?" keonjin said as she layed on her couch.

she scrolled through her messages, trying to find seojuns name.

there he was, all the way at the bottom, along with her father, and her late friend.

she clicked on it, seeing the last message that was shared between the two was from seojun, saying "why don't you like me?"

keonjin cringed a bit before texting him, "just come to my house, after school. it's the same place as suho's i know you remember."

seojun saw his phone ping, and picked it up. who could be texting him.

"at her house?" seojun read. "that's interesting." he said, getting up to go and visit his mom.