𝓔𝓹𝓲𝓵𝓸𝓰𝓾𝓮

♫ And the voices that implore, "You should be doing more"
To you, I can admit that I'm just too soft for all of it ♫

3 years later - March, 10th 2026 

Max Verstappen POV

I can honestly say that I never thought that Claire coming back to Monaco and being my neighbor would be something so important. It turned out to be the most important thing that could've ever happened to me and Olivia. Olivia and Abel are now being homeschooled in Monaco, Claire brings them to the races very frequently, and they are very welcomed whenever she does. 

She is here almost every weekend, I can honestly say I am rarely alone because our parents are very present in our kids' lives. Abel just turned 3, he is passionate about the sport, he is always around cars and he watches Formula 1 with such an intensity that it's proud to see. Olivia is turning 10 years old now. Time is going by too fast. 

Me and Claire got married last year after 2 years of engagement, it was crazy to see how many people turned up there, it seemed like a conference for Formula 1 legends, it was the wedding of the century if I'm being honest.

I've been succeeding in Formula 1, I am proud of Red Bull and the family I've built. Jos is not a part of my life in the slightest, I guess I didn't even miss his presence, it was always filled with negativity and I am better now. I am a better dad, husband, and driver.

"Dad!" Olivia says excitedly as I got out of my room to go into hers.

"Happy birthday baby" I say happily as I hug her.

"Mom is downstairs already" She informs me and I nod.

"Is Abel with her?" I ask as we head downstairs in our rental.

"What do you think? Uncle Charles is downstairs too so he is with them" She says as she lets out a laugh.

Abel loves Ferrari, the little man has no loyalty to me. And there he was in Ferrari merch from head to toe and I can't even say a word because his uncle is a Ferrari driver and his mom would clearly tell me to shut up as has happened before. I love their bond though. Charles is Abel's godfather and Victoria is his godmother, they both love him to death. Abel and Olivia are definitely spoiled but don't act like it. 

"Dad!" He says excitedly as he runs in my direction.

"Here he comes, nice to see you" Charles says and I give him a quick handshake.

"As if I hadn't seen you 4 days ago" I say as he lets out a laugh.

"You should've woken me up" I say as I give her a peck on the lips but she shakes her head.

"You need to rest, I woke up half an hour ago, and  I am now finishing breakfast. We have a reservation for lunch in her favorite restaurant and then we have the party during the afternoon" She whispers as Olivia is distracted with her cousins and Arthur.

"I got it, I remember it all. I invited the guys, I know at what time everyone is arriving. Don't stress it over. I know 10 years is a big deal but at this rate, you will have a mental breakdown when she reaches 18, she will love anything we give her. She is not even counting on the party" I say as I kiss her cheek. 

Claire is a perfectionist when it comes to our kids so I know she is even more stressed. I will always pay for anything she needs and I will do everything in my power to take the stress from her, I take all of the physical duty when I'm home and it is going well. 

Everything went exceptionally well, Olivia didn't want to leave lunch, it was 3 PM, the time when everyone was gathered to surprise 15 minutes away from where the restaurant was. We convinced her and now we have sang Happy Birthday. Everyone is enjoying the cake and my daughter is opening the infinite gift everyone gave her 

"Thank you!" She says once she finishes opening the gifts and I shrug while pointing at Claire. "I know mom did this, but you paid for it so thank you! You are the best parents ever."

"You are the best daughter ever" Claire says emotionally as we both hug Olivia and Abel runs to join the hug.

When we got home around midnight Abel slept so we just changed his clothes and we would bathe him tomorrow, he would survive. Claire was with Olivia and I stopped by the bedroom door.

"Thank you for coming into our lives. I don't know how we would be without you. You were the best person who could have ever appeared in my life. I am still very thankful to have a Claire" She says and I hear them laughing.

"I am happy I came back when I did, it was the best decision I ever made. I love you way too much to even imagine what I could've been doing now if I hadn't met you" Claire says as she kisses Olivia's forehead.

"I love you too mom. Thank you for making dad happy"

"Go to sleep liefje. I will keep making everyone happy, there is no need to worry about it ever again. See you tomorrow baby" Claire turns to leave and smiles as she sees me.

"Good night baby" I say before the door closes. "Still no regrets?"

"I don't think so. I am way too happy to regret the life we've built. You could try to lose the championship to make me happier. I would love to see Charles winning it in the Ferrari" She says as she gives me a wink, a family thing apparently.

"I mean, he is keeping up but I don't think you should tell your husband to lose against your brother. That is a bad thing to ask" I say with a smirk and she laughs.

"Come on baby. It would make the whole family happy. You would be happy too" She says as takes her dress off.

"I don't think it would be fair to lose on purpose" I say as I start taking my clothes off too.

"I'm just kidding, it would be too obvious if you stopped winning. I have no regrets, don't worry about it. Let's have some adult fun" She says as she drags me to the shower and I don't complain.

If you ever wondered "What Is Love?" I've found it and it's the best thing that ever happened to me. You can find it too. It's lovely.

-------------------

Hello babes!

Thank you to everyone who followed me on this amazing story. I loved it from beginning to end, I did everything exactly as I expected and I hope you loved it as much as I did.

Lando's story is out and so is Fernando. Go check them out if you are curious, I think you will like them.

I hope to see you in other stories and I sure hope to still have your support from now on.

Love you all <3