𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 17

♫ And if I could, I'd get you the moon
And give it to you ♫

Claire Leclerc POV

We got to the mall and they thanked me for driving there because I think they wanted some rest after the long flight they had yesterday. We got inside and started buying everything, first the things for the party and then we would have lunch. At lunch, we order our food and they start talking about something more specific, me and Max. 

"How is Max treating you? He is rude sometimes and all that but he is a good man" His mom asks worriedly and I shake my head.

"I think we clash because of our personalities and I think I push him off the edge sometimes but he has been fine. He is a good man indeed. He is doing great with his own daughter and he is a good friend too" I say avoiding the topic of our newfound attraction.

"You two always clashed. I heard Red Bull is trying to hire you, are you thinking of accepting?" Victoria asks curiously and I shrug.

"I don't know, I have a lot of offers on the table. Red Bull has the best paycheck but I still don't know which one I should accept. I told them that I wanted to just watch this year and they said the offer stands until next year if I want to" 

I needed a break, I needed some rest and I needed to see if I could handle working in Formula 1. It's one thing to be there as a family member but working there is nothing like that. I want to see the team environments and the pressure on people with the same job as me basically.

"I think you should enjoy the break you are needing after working so hard to get where you did" Sophie says and I felt understood.

"I am enjoying it, it has been fun. I think I will be fine this year. I forgot how to rest. But now I feel like I'm living my life" I say happily, I felt happy with life for now. I did the best for my career and future but now I want to do what's best for myself.

"I am very proud of you, and so is everyone around you. Have fun and do whatever you want because you are young, you can have fun, and you can make as many mistakes as you want because it's how you learn and succeed. Just don't hurt Olivia, Max can handle it but she can't" Sophie says and I shake my head frantically.

"I would never hurt her, I will be in her life as much as I am allowed to. She is stronger than we think but she doesn't need to be, she is a kid, and she needs to be a kid. I won't hurt her and I don't think Max can be hurt honestly. That man has a huge armor around him" I say letting out a laugh that they follow.

"He pretends to be this strong man because he has to. Jos raised him to be manly and all that but you know better than that. Anyone that has met him knows that. He deserves to love and to be loved. Unconditionally" Sophie says seriously and Victoria just nods.

"We are friends, there is no need to worry about that" I said that as a comfort because that's what we are, we are definitely not dating. We are just having fun together.

"I know you are friends, but we can see the way you look at each other. We are protecting both of you, you know we like you" Victoria says shrugging and I nod. I understand their worry, I would worry too.

The food got here and it was worth the wait. It was wonderful. I could eat here every day. They had the same thought because I could see it on their face.

"I can't believe you two liked each other back then. What would have happened if one of you made a move? Would it have ended because you were too young? Would you still be together?" Victoria says when the news channel was being repetitive so she kept on the subject.

"What? He liked me back then?" I ask surprised. I never knew that.

"Oh, he did. He would get out of the kart and he would look for you just to wave at you, he would get all excited when you went with Charles too. And when you two would talk he would come back home all excited" His mom says clearly remembering it, her eyes shined while she told me that.

"Well, I am glad because at least we now have Olivia. There is no need to think about the past, let's live in the now. We are doing pretty well now. He is a world champion and I am doing very well with my degree" I say trying to end the conversation. I don't want to overthink it and get my heart broken before anything even started.

Victoria started talking about her boys and we were excitedly participating. We ate dessert and went to buy what was left. I bought a little gift for Olivia that I requested a few days ago, I knew she wanted it. I also bought her a dress for the party. We got home, got in and Olivia saw me and left Max's lap, and ran in my direction. I kneeled down and picked her up.

"Someone missed me" I say distributing kisses all over her face while she laughed.

"Daddy missed you too. He was always looking at his watch" She says innocently and my eyes clash with Max's who just smiles and shrugs going outside to pick up the bags while I went with her to the backyard so she wouldn't see.

"How was your day? Is uncle Tom better than me?" I ask looking at her messy hair, they were trying to do her hair clearly.

"Never! He wanted to cut my hair because he couldn't brush it after trying to do braids" She says with wide eyes and I laugh.

"Oh no, that can't happen. You need your beautiful blonde hair as it is for your birthday. Do you want me to take care of it?" I ask and she frantically nods. 

"Please" She says joining her hands almost begging and I laugh.

"Let's teach your dad how to get rid of this without ruining your beautiful hair" I say giving her my hand, she takes it and I see Max coming outside which means everything has been hidden.

"Everything is alright? I heard you talking about me" He says with his hands in his pockets.

"Let's take care of the mess you created in her hair, I will teach you how" I say getting inside and he just follows us upstairs and Olivia just let out a little laugh.