𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 45

♪ He'll accidentally burn our dinner
And let me be the Scrabble winner ♪

Max Verstappen POV

Watching as Claire's stomach got slightly bigger made me happy. Our baby is healthy, every appointment showed that everything was normal and that the baby was just hiding for now, Claire would start showing and the last appointment was two weeks ago and it was true, she is showing but if you don't know you wouldn't immediately guess she was pregnant.

Being in The Netherlands was surreal, it's my home race and everyone I love is here. Her family and my family are here showing their full support. I win the race and I ran to my girlfriend and my daughter. It was all that mattered. I took my helmet and the baklava off and kissed her. I proceeded to hug them both and then my sister and mother who proudly stood by their left.

I hugged the team and Christian was different, he seemed more proud than ever. To make it better Charles was third so I could share the podium with him, he came to hug his sister,  then kisses Olivia's forehead, and briefly hugged my mom and sister after celebrating with Ferrari. After that, we went to the cooldown room where I congratulated George once again.

"What are you doing here?" I ask as I saw Christian about to enter the podium platform.

"I am representing Red Bull today, once in a while I have to keep you company" He says tapping my shoulder.

"Is there something you want to tell me?" I ask as George walks past us to his third place.

"I don't think so" He answers and Charles walks to his second place.

I walk with Christian by my side, he taps my back one last time and we each go to our places. The trophies are given and the hymns are played. I look for Claire and Olivia in the crowd. Once I see them I smile proudly and raise the trophy for her to see it was dedicated to her. I am glad the podium here isn't high because she looks gorgeous today. The moment to pop open the champagne comes and I am the first to reach it.

"Go ahead, the winner should go first. You are home after all" Charles says with a proud smile as he holds his bottle and I look at George who had the champagne in his hand as well. Christian was holding his too and I shrug.

"Fine by me" I say opening the bottle of champagne and I take a minute to realize what just happened. The champagne was blue, which was definitely not normal until I saw them splashing their champagne with the blue color still very visible.

"Congratulations. It was time for a boy anyways" Charles says before dropping most of his champagne on me as the shock traveled my body. I looked for Claire once again and she smiled.

"Is it true?" I shout between the huge noise and she nods giving me a thumbs up as Olivia stood in my mom's arms.

It didn't take me long to reach her before I picked her up and spun her around.

"Let's give our winner in his home race some applause. He is having a baby boy" Christian says as both our families faced us with a shocked expression before smiling and congratulating us.

"Mommy told me I was going to have a sibling" Olivia says as I picked her up and I nod.

"You are going to be a big sister to your baby brother. Are you happy darling?" I ask as I kiss her face.

"Yes! I am going to be the best big sister ever" She says wrapping her little arms around my neck and I smile.

A few minutes went by. I had a lot of interviews, I had to do the press conference and the topic came up a bunch of times. I was honest, I was thrilled by this new chapter. I couldn't be happier, I don't care how old we are or how little time we had as a couple. We can make it work. I am sure of it.

"How did you pull this off?" I ask as I arrive at my room in the motorhome.

"I had some talks with Christian and he made it work for me. I wanted it to be special. Charles knew I was going to reveal the gender and George had a heads up that a surprise for your home race was happening so he wouldn't pop it before you did. Charles got to him while you were distracted. Did you like it?" She asks as I sat by her side.

"Oh, I loved it. I couldn't have expected something better. This is my best win ever. I love you so much baby" I say as I touch her stomach and she smiles.

"I love you, baby. I wanted something special for you, Charles said that this would be something he would love himself so I knew it could work out" She says as she hugs me and I smile from ear to ear, she makes me so happy. I didn't think it was possible honestly.

"How did Olivia take it?" I ask since she seemed happy when we were together but it is something to be aware of.

"She was happy. She said she had prayed for it to happen because she was tired of being the only child" Claire laughs and I end up chuckling because it seems like something my daughter would say.

"I'm glad she took it well. I want our family to grow but everyone needs to be on board for it" I say as I kiss her forehead gently.

"Take a quick shower so we can go home" She says excitedly and I nod.

I showered, changed into jeans and a shirt, and left with both families. Charles and I gave a lot of autographs and took some photos while walking the paddock to the car. Pascale and my mom were all over Claire and making all types of questions.

At dinner, she showed them all the ultrasounds and gave them copies of the photos we had. Everyone was so excited and I was relieved to have all this support. Dinner was fun, no party was needed for us to have fun and be happy.