𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 10

♪ Caught in the silence
An echo lost in space ♪ 

Max Verstappen POV

The situation heated up more than expected. Now we are in some kind of fight to see who would look away first.

"Do you want me to call him? I know I won today but you will probably prefer his party" I say and she smirks.

"Since you won and he got fourth, maybe I will make him feel like the real winner. I will go to whoever party he is going, get drunk and he will take me to my room. Or maybe his. And we will fuck like you think we already did" She says and I had my hand in a fist. She is playing with fire.

"Go ahead, darling. There is nothing stopping you, he deserves some type of win" I say almost folding. I wanted to kiss her so badly, I would have fucked her inside that room when she raised her voice. I hate people bossing me around but she. She was always different.

"Are you jealous of Lando?" She bluntly asks and I stop in my tracks. I am not jealous, I just don't like the thought.

"I wish both of you well and a good night of sex of course. You look like you need it" I say and she is speechless which is rare for her.

"Fuck off Verstappen. You are clearly needing some sense slapped into you and you also need some sex to see if that attitude comes back to normal. Asshole" She says finally looking away and proceeding to go down the stairs.

"You are invited to my party though!" I say before she got downstairs and go to Sergio's room and see him sitting on his couch while Olivia was sound asleep on his bed.

"You should just be upfront about what you feel. She is great, she would be a great addition to your life. And Olivia's" He says putting his phone down and I shake my head.

"She deserves better. I can't guarantee this would work, I can't break her heart and Olivia's too" I say picking my daughter up carefully.

"You will never be able to guarantee that a relationship will work. That is just stupid. Stop pushing her to another guy, it can work" He says and I shrug.

"I will see you at the party" I say before leaving.

I could still celebrate my wins, she stayed with a babysitter and I would go to parties. I always had a camera in the room to watch and I turned it on every few minutes. Never had a problem last year. I left Olivia in the room with the nice middle-aged woman who was the babysitter for the night. An agency took care of the bookings for me and I paid a good hourly rate. It was a win-win situation.

I got to the party and everyone was there. Including Claire and Lando who were talking by the bar while waiting for their drinks.

"Congratulations man" Lando says greeting me as soon as he sees me waiting for my drink.

"Thank you" I say happily. Claire looks at me and rolls her eyes.

"Lando, keep my drink. I have to say something to Charles. Thank you" She says giving him a kiss on the cheek and walking out. I watched her as the fitting dress hugged her body, she was killing it.

"I thought she had refused your date" I say trying to see if she had gone to meet him after she met me

"I thought she had refused your date" I say trying to see if she had gone to meet him after she met me. If I had time to have dinner then she had time to go there.

"Yeah, she did. Maybe I should've taken it slower, we only talked a few times. I also sense that Charles and Arthur are not rooting for me. They are good friends but they picture her with you probably" He says looking at her as she talked with her brothers.

"I don't think she is interested in anyone to be honest. There is no point in saying they don't have preferences but I and Claire go way back. I knew her from seeing her watching Charles race and we became friends. I had a stupid crush on her and Charles knew, he teased me about it and he is probably teasing both of us now" I say finally getting my drink and theirs was just sitting by the bar.

"You still have a crush on her. I should consider this a lost cause then, you two obviously have great chemistry. Nobody can deny it, it just never occurred to me because I never saw you together" He says letting out a laugh.

"Don't think too much into it" I say stepping away and meeting Charles on the way.

"You pushed her to Lando? You are really fighting it, uh?" He asks clearly amused.

"Don't start. Let's just celebrate the podium winners and have fun" I say and he nods. He was focused on something so I followed his gaze. I see Lando sitting on a high chair and Claire was between his legs, arranging Lando's hair and laughing while his hand was on her waist.

"I am having fun" Charles says laughing and I turn around and go to where Pierre was with Sergio and Carlos.

Time was passing by and I saw her a couple of times, always with a drink in her hand and Lando close by. Maybe this is for the best. I was right, they looked good together. I got tired of jumping around and dancing so I went to sit for a bit and someone appeared a few minutes later. I knew it was her, her smell was unrecognizable.

"Congratulations on the win, I forgot to say in back in the motorhome" She says not as drunk as I pictured she would be.

"Thank you. I appreciate it" I say still not looking at her. She gets up and since she had her back turned I finally looked. She was putting her dress in place, she had a stunning body, I barely remember her having this good of a body. Her brunette hair and blue eyes just made it better.

"I will see you around" She says and leaves my side. Thank god she did.