𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 37

♪ And when my hair starts turning gray
He'll say I'm like a fine wine, better with age ♪

Claire Leclerc POV

Max went into the media pen and I got a video call from my mom almost immediately. She was beaming with happiness.

"Thank God, you two are so stubborn that I thought you were going to be dancing around your feelings for years" She says as soon as I pick up.

"Hey mom, how are you doing? I'm pretty good too. Oh, me and Max? Oh, you know, it just happened. Thank you for the well wishes" I say sarcastically and she laughs, like a lot.

"Cut it off. You know I'm not like that. You two are dating and I'm very glad you are. You look so good together! That kiss was everything. The love is so visible that it makes me think of your dad, he looked at me just like Max looked at you, don't let him go" She says as her eyes got teary and mine do too. My dad loved my mom to the end and that is definitely how I wanted to be loved like.

"We are fine, we are just starting this relationship now, let's not put unnecessary pressure on it, dad's love for you was visible from afar and I would be lucky to have something like that" I say giving her a smile and she nods.

"You already have it darling, don't lose it. I love you to the moon and back. I will now call your brother to see how he is doing, I already gave him a bit of time to cool off" She says nervously and I laugh.

"Charles will be fine, he is just frustrated, it's not our fault, he knows it. Love you ma" I say and she sends me a kiss before hanging up. 

I kept scrolling on my phone until I hear Max coughing and I looked at him putting my phone down.

"So, how is my gorgeous girlfriend doing?" He asks while taking his racing suit off and I shrug.

"I am doing just fine, how about you?" I ask as I looked him up and down.

"Amazingly. I am ready to go home, you are going to Monaco too right?" He asks as he hopped on his shower quickly.

"Of course, the next race is in Monaco, I wouldn't miss it. Also, my mom is pretty pleased with us dating officially" I say as I waited for him to get back.

"I think my mom and sister are happy with it too because they are meeting me in Monaco for the race" He says as he got out already dry and put on another change of clothes.

"That will be cool but if my mom finds out my house will be another center for a family dinner, you know that right?" I ask getting up so we could leave.

"I'm afraid to tell you but I think your mom already knows, apparently they follow each other on Instagram and they will meet up in Monaco. You are not safe from that dinner either, but I can have it at my apartment if it makes you feel better"

"I don't mind, that will be a good one. They both share similar personalities and energy" I say indifferent. 

"Are we going now?" Olivia asks and I nod.

"We are baby, we will go pick our stuff up, go to the plane and have dinner on the way home" I say excitedly and she nods while saying goodbye to Sergio's kids who hugged us goodbye too.

We did exactly as I said, we got our suitcases, put them in the rental, got into the airport and headed home while eating dinner.

"So, are you dating? People were talking about you two being together" She asks innocently and I nod.

"We are dating, that is true. Is that something you are happy about?" Max asks with a smile as he held my hand over the table.

"No! This is the best day ever, my dad and my mom are together. Isn't that great? I am the luckiest kid alive" She says excitedly.

"I am glad you are on board with the idea. I don't want to make you upset" I say kissing her cheek as she was sitting by my side.

"Never! I love the idea" She says happily.

The rest of the flight was easy and I helped him get Olivia to bed, the day was so full that she fell asleep in a few minutes. I went with him to the living room, he had changed clothes and I was already barefoot.

"I need to sleep. I am too tired today, she has a lot of energy" I say stretching my arms and he laughs.

"I could give you one of my shirts, you could take a quick bath and we could sleep together, I would enjoy the company" He says getting closer and gently holding my waist.

"I would like that" I say with a smile as his lips came closer to mine and we kiss. It felt natural.

"Did you hear me last night? I genuinely thought I was being rejected" He says as we headed to his room.

"I heard you but I honestly didn't know what to say, I thought I was hearing things or that it was something in the moment. But I love you too, genuinely" I say turning to him and looking into his eyes.

"I'm glad because I have fallen for you more than I should've allowed myself too, I'm lucky that Olivia loves you as much as I do" He says kissing my forehead and heading into his closet.

"You should be able to love how deeply you want to, not everyone is out to hurt you" I say and he lets out a laugh.

"I lived with my dad most of my life because he was the one who could take me to the races, I never what love is. Having Olivia showed me a part of what it is, having you showed me the other. I am ready to be vulnerable and I don't care if I get hurt" 

"I won't hurt you. I don't want that, I want the happy ending with you and Olivia" I say heading to the bathroom as he watched.

"Let's do our best for it to happen then" He says as he sat down to watch me.

I took a quick shower, blowdried my hair and brushed my teeth and he brushed his. I laid in bed and today I was the big spoon, which was kind of cute.