𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 40

♪ I need a man who's patient and kind
Gets out of the car and holds the door ♪

Claire Leclerc POV

I needed my brother. Today is the day when I need him more than any other day. I knocked on Charles's door and he quickly opened it with a confused look on his face.

"Why are you crying? You are out of yourself today" Charles as he pulled me inside his room and gave me a hug while closing the door.

"I think me and Max will be over tomorrow. I really do love him Charles" I say as my sobs made my speech almost inaudible.

"Baby, everything will be alright, he loves you. It can't be that bad" He tries to comfort me and I sit on the bed to calm myself down.

"It wasn't on purpose. It was an accident. He will hate me, Charles. I will lose him and Olivia" I say as I felt the guilt and fear take over me once again. I can't even pretend it didn't happen. He heard me talking to her today.

"What did you do?" Charles asks concerned.

"Can you promise me that you won't turn against me?" I ask nervously. I can't lose him or anyone in my family.

"I wouldn't turn against you but, did you cheat on him? Was that what happened when you disappeared? You looked bad when you came back. I mean, I never saw you like someone who would cheat but I don't think Max would forgive you if I'm being honest" By this point Charles was rambling and he was as nervous as I was.

"I should talk to him. Forget that I came here" I say getting up from the bed. I shouldn't go around telling it to my family before facing the consequences and telling Max.

"Claire. I love you. You are my baby sister, you should talk to me if you need to, I am not here to judge you. I'm sorry if it came out that way" He says worriedly.

"I am pregnant Charles. I am on the pill, Max uses condoms but I am pregnant. I don't know what to do. I know he has his hands full with Olivia and I was seriously under stress. One of the women in Max's team got inside his room and saw me with the test. She was judging me, she called me a gold digger and other names. I didn't do it on purpose. I swear to God I didn't mean for this to happen" I was back to sobbing just from remembering how that woman treated me.

I was so lost once I saw the positive on that test but she spent half an hour lecturing me like she even knew me. I was out of myself, if it was a normal situation I would've told her to fuck off as soon as she got inside the door.

"I felt so humiliated. It's like she was invading my privacy. I am so scared Charles. I can't do this alone, please don't be mad at me" I cry as I hugged him and I felt a sudden relief as soon as he hugs me back.

"Darling, you two will be just fine. Just tell him the truth, if you don't want to go ahead that is an option but I do think you both could have a child easily. I know you have Olivia but you are great parents and the last few months only showed me you are a great couple" He says as he ran his hand up and down my back to calm me down, which worked.

"I just needed to know that I had your support. I don't need his money or his fame, I just him and Olivia. I love them" I say and he chuckles.

"He knows you and so do I. I know this was an accident but I also believe he would want kids with you sooner or later. You two will be just fine, it doesn't matter which decision you make but make it for yourself, you are the one who will have to live with it" He says calmly and I nod.

"I love you Charles. Thank you" I say more relaxed.

I took a shower and wore one of his shirts. We watched a few movies and I slept there after a lot of talk and reassurance. The next day I put on the jeans from the day before and one of Charles's shirts on. I met Max in his room for breakfast and Charles would be with Olivia, she shouldn't be here.

"Good morning" I almost whisper the words and he looks up from his phone. He didn't sleep much and I wouldn't have slept too if I hadn't cried so much yesterday.

"Good morning. Are you feeling better? No dizziness?" He asks as he put down his phone.

"Yeah, I am feeling better" I say with little confidence in my words.

"Did you talk with that someone? Can we get done with this? I ordered breakfast already so that is taken care of, they must be here any second" He asks with such a coldness that I was getting more nervous by the minute.

"I- I did. What you heard, it's not what it sounds like. It sounded worse than reality" I try to explain but his face told me that he didn't believe a single word out of my mouth, he had this smugness on his face that was honestly pissing me off.

"Did the guy not want you as something serious? Is that why you decided to deny it now? Am I second best?" He asks bitterly and I feel my heart breaking. I know he is trying not to show weakness but fuck, I wish he did show it. Does he even care?

"Max, can you stop? This is just us, there is no need for this coldness, I mean I know it's only been a few months but a little bit of emotion doesn't hurt. I have no other guy, I don't care about anyone else but I don't think you would fucking care about it now" I say angrily. I didn't need this, I know what he heard sounded bad but that is not my fault.

"Do you want me to cry? Do you want me to beg for you to choose me? Because I won't. I love you but I also have some self-respect and I don't want someone who cheated on me to see me cry" He says and there is a knock on the door.

Breakfast got in and I took a deep breath as he talked to the man who delivered it, he tipped him, and the man left.

"Is there anything else to be said?" Max asks as he sat back down.