Chapter 6.15: Competition Time

(DECEMBER 2010)

---

RYLE RIVERA

With Adrian leading us, we managed to corner Mallory and her group. The girl took off her hood and attempted to knock Adrian out with a kick, but she just had her leg grabbed by him mid-air and thrown through our wall. Mallory tried to escape but Kevin tapped her.

My little sister removed her hood. "We surrender. We don't stand a chance against Adrian without Mallory."

I grabbed Zoey and carried her on my shoulder while Adrian held the other two by the hoods and began leading them to our side.

"Put me down!" Zoey whined as she pulled my hair. "I can walk! You're just making yourself tired."

"I know. You've been eating a lot lately and I notice you've gained some weight. My shoulder is hurting just from carrying you."

She made herself even heavier, but we were already on our territory so I simply put her in jail with the others.

"How many have we captured?" I asked.

"Twelve," Kevin said. "Moses, Justice, Hunter, Grant, Sam, Annie, Carrie, Penny, and the four you brought in."

"Take down the sidewalls," Adrian commanded. "They're just blindspots and we've got the numbers to keep guard on all angles."

Rich whistled while watching us take down the walls.

Whistled?!

"Keep your guard up!" I said. "Rich is trying to communicate with his team using Morse code!"

"You know morse code?" Adrian asked. "What's he saying?"

"I don't know. But I know morse code when I hear it."

Seymour hopped over our back wall, grabbing the flag and booking it back to his side. He got past a bunch of us but in the end was taken down by Kevin, who put the flag back and took him to jail.

After pole toppling, I thought they'd have a better strategy, but that was such a pathetic attempt in capturing our flag...