Chapter 3.2: Operation Bonbon

(OCTOBER 2010)

---

RICH MUTATIO

Once we arrived at Charlie's place on Saturday afternoon, we began working on our costumes. I finished my outfit first, with Zoey finishing hers not long after. We tried them on to see how we'd looked while the others continued working on theirs.

I posed with the dual swords I made. "How do I look?"

Bond stopped carving the boomerang he was making to observe me. "You're missing the scar."

"It's a waste of effort if I put it on today."

"Then help us make our costumes so we can get the candy Charlie's mom asked us to buy."

"If I help with your costume, it's my costume at that point. Not yours."

"Isn't that Mr Cranston's quote from the other day?"

"You realized that I was right and now you're accusing me of stealing quotes? That's rough, buddy."

"Shut up!"

Zoey exited the washroom in her Toph costume, tripping on something.

I helped her up, chuckling. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, it feels like I'm actually blind while wearing these contacts."

"You feel like you're blind?" I grabbed the box of contacts. "Can I try one on?"

"Sure, go ahead."

I put one on one eye and shut the other. Zoey was right, it was like staring through a tiny straw and everything that wasn't the hole was a cloudy blur.

"You're actually crazy if you're gonna wear these at night," I told her while taking off the contacts.

"I'm crazy? You're the one who forced me to get them!"

Mallory tried one on, blinked a few times, and looked around. "Yeah. Maybe just wear them during the picture and that's it."

"Definitely. I don't wanna be blind during my first trick-or-treat."

"Hold on, you've never been trick or treating?"

"No, we don't really do that back home. Except for the super-rich folks."

Once everyone finished making their costumes, we headed to the grocery store to buy trick-or-treat candy for tomorrow. We filled an entire cart with boxes of candy with the total coming to around a hundred dollars.

"How is this cheaper than the costumes?" Charlie complained.

When we got back to his place, his parents told us to leave the boxes by the door and they'd do the rest.

"Where's Conan and Bond?" Charlie's mom asked.

"They went to Conan's to grab a few games. Don't worry about waiting for them, they're gonna enter through the side door."

"Alright. We ordered pizza."

"Yeah, pizza is good. Thanks."

Bond and Conan weren't really at Conan's house. None of us wanted to hold bags and none of us wanted to bring a cart back to the store, so ditching it at the nearby park was the reasonable answer.

We headed back to Charlie's domain; the basement. This may be his parent's house, but when we were over, it was his basement.

Bond and Conan were practically banging on the side door. It was hard to ignore so we let them in. They rushed inside and locked the door, collapsing on the floor out of breath.