Chapter 6.9: Competition Time

(DECEMBER 2010)

---

ZOEY RIVERA

The four people Kuya was referring to were Grant, who was stretching; Cook, who was pinning down Kevin's unit with his weight; Conan, who was using his strength to keep the pole at an angle; and me, his little sister who hung upside down from the top of the pole.

"How on earth are they keeping them down?!" Kuya asked.

Conan chuckled. "Newton's Second Law!"

"That makes no sense."

Cook laughed. "You're confusing them."

The four of us couldn't really keep these guys down. Even with Cook laying on the pole, these guys could escape if they worked together. But these poor souls wouldn't dare do a thing without their leader's orders.

But that wouldn't happen because Charlie and the others were making sure that their leader was distracted.

Charlie squished his cheek against Adrian's. "This is probably annoying, right? I'm being too cheeky."

We're almost there. Everything hinges on the next part.

"Not to be mean, Cook," Conan said, "but you feel heavier."

"No hard feelings. I'm wearing ankle weights and a weighted jacket. Not to mention I stuffed myself with a ton of food during breakfast."

"Since we're facing the other way, can you at least tell us what's happening?" Kevin asked.

"To put it shortly, you guys are getting owned."

"Damn it! Get the hell off of us! Adrian! We need orders!"

Saul, Petra, and Arnold's units began taking the defensive.

If they managed to hold them off, Rich and everyone else on the enemy's side would be out of options.

"Grant, I think it's your time to shine," I said.

"Way ahead of you, 101." Grant pressed his palms on the ground, stretched one of his legs, and began sprinting to the other side.