Chapter 42

"Yo, this is dope!" Uranus exclaimed, speaking aloud what everyone else was thinking. Whipping his head around to face the ice giant planet cat, Mars hissed, "It's not dope, it's our house!"

"And it looks amazing Mars, it really does," the Sun reassured the red furred terrestrial planet cat. Gesturing towards the building, the celebrity star cat suggested, "How about a grand tour?" Puffing his chest out pridefully, Mars led the way as he purred, "Follow me!"

"Ooh, we have a chandelier!" Venus gasped as the family walked into the mansion. A beautiful chandelier hung in the living room, illuminating the space. Hearing someone trying to get her attention, she turned around. Practically hugging the huge window, Earth mumbled in awe, "Our windows make up our entire living room walls."

"That's kind of the idea, Earth, now please get off the windows. You too Moon," Mars added in the last part when he saw that the Moon had her face pressed into the glass. Once that situation was taken care of, he cleared his throat before he began the tour, "So this is the living room with a connecting dining room to your right everyone - Saturn your other right - and then behind that is an open kitchen with a countertop and stools in between the two rooms."

"Hey, what's this room?" Mercury asked, peering in a small room he had opened up. Raising his eyebrow, Mars replied, "Our closet." Making a small oh noise, Mercury shut the door quietly. Just then, there was a loud series of thuds. Running over to another door that had been opened, the family found Earth all the way at the bottom of some stairs. Looking back up at her family, the terrestrial planet cat giggled and remarked, "I think I found the basement."

"Yeah, we can tell," Jupiter pointed out. While the Sun and Venus went down to collect Earth, Mars flicked his tail, beckoning Jupiter and Neptune to follow. Leading the pair down the hallway, the red furred feline opened the door as he stated, "I converted the garage into your personal practice area complete with LEDs, soundproof walls and a vast array of music instruments-"

"Is that a keyboard?" Neptune interrupted. Glancing over at said instrument, Mars answered nervously, "Yeah? Why?" Meeting the smaller cat's gaze with a stern one of his own, Jupiter growled, "Neither of us play keyboard." Throwing his paws up in the air in exasperation, Mars exclaimed, "How was I supposed to know?! Holy Celestial sorry."

"Ooh, a mini piano!" Pluto squeaked, coming into the garage. Rubbing his forehead, Mars murmured, "Pluto, don't touch it. I'm gonna have to return it-" He found himself interrupted again when the small planet kitten began playing the keyboard with the skills of someone much older than himself, creating beautiful music. When he had his fun, he looked back at his older brothers with his purple tongue sticking out and the biggest smile on his face. Finally finding his tongue, Neptune mumbled, "Our little brother is a musical prodigy..."

"Pluto, I have a serious question for you!" Jupiter blurted out. Scooping up the kitten, the gas planet cat asked, "How would you like to join the band?" Wagging his tail, Pluto trilled, "I'd love too!" Leaving the trio to themselves, Mars returned to the kitchen to find Uranus already scrounging around for food. "Oh come on, I'm hungry!" the ice giant planet cat wailed as he was dragged away from the kitchen by his tail. His mouth full of blue fur, Mars mumbled, "We don't even have any food in that fridge yet and we're not having you scarf it all down!"

"Hey Mars, what's this big room down here?" Saturn asked, poking his head out of the hallway from earlier. Releasing his hold of Uranus, Mars answered, "It's for you and the girls. Here, I'll show you." Leading the girls and the gas planet cat towards the room, he pushed the door open to reveal a large room with three tables and shelves everywhere. Turning to the three who followed him, he explained, "Since you three like making and designing things, I figured this would be a nice place to work on your crafts and projects."