Chapter 11

"Now, be very careful with these. The good news is, if you break or lose this pair within a fifty day period starting today, you can get a new pair for free," Aquarius purred. As the zodiac cat was saying that, he gingerly gave the Sun a small box. Dipping his head gratefully to him, he opened the box.

Inside was a pair of glasses, pinkish purple lenses with a shiny golden frame.

"What's going on? What's happening?" Saturn asked. All he could see right now were blurry shapes and colors. Standing next to the chair the gas planet kitten was sitting in, Earth and Mercury watched silently. They didn't want to ruin the surprise. At least, that's what Earth wanted. Mercury didn't care as he played a video game on his satellite.

"You ready Saturn?" the Sun asked, padding over. Tilting his head to the side, the gas planet kitten mumbled, "Ready for what?" Taking the glasses out of the box, the star cat murmured, "Alright, close your eyes." The kitten did as he was told. Placing the glasses on his face correctly, the Sun meowed, "Okay, now open your eyes."

Nervous, Saturn didn't know what to expect. He trusted the Sun though and so he blinked his golden yellow eyes open. What he saw took his breath away. For the first time in his life, everything and everyone was pristine clear. He could see definite shapes and vibrant colors. No more blurry objects. Nearby, Earth cheered happily in celebration. She began jumping up and down all over the place, her tail wagging nonstop. The Sun purred softly. Mercury still didn't care. Jumping up, Saturn gave the Sun a big hug as he meowed, "Thank you!"

"Well," Aquarius remarked softly as he quietly watched the family through kind eyes, "Guess this changes everything for him."