Chapter 34

"I got it!" Mercury called out when there was a knock on the door. Trotting over to the front door, he opened it to reveal Mars. Setting his bag down, the red furred terrestrial planet cat meowed, "I came as soon as I could when I got the news. Has there been any sign yet?" Mercury shook his head solemnly before explaining, "We've searched everywhere. She's not at any of the hospitals in this area."

"None in my area either," Mars added. Noticing that the Sun was close by watching, he lowered his head apologetically and mumbled, "Sorry Dad." Sighing softly, the star cat murmured, "It's okay Mars." Padding over, Venus whimpered, "Where could she be? It's been a week now." Draping his fluffy tail over his daughter's shoulders, the Sun reassured her, "It's gonna be okay, Earth will come back to us. She probably went to one of the special hospitals further away."

"I miss Earth," Saturn mewed softly. He and Uranus were sitting on the couch nearby, watching their adoptive father and their terrestrial planet siblings. Trembling slightly, the gas planet kitten took his glasses off and set them on the table. He then covered his face with his paws. He hated this feeling, this feeling of abandonment. He knew Earth longer than his other brothers and sister, he didn't like the fact she left without a word to him or most of the others. Just then, Saturn felt himself being pulled into a hug. He uncovered his eyes to discover the blurry shape of Uranus hugging him. "I know," Uranus whispered, "I miss her too."

"Y'all need to calm down for Celestial's sake, she's probably fine," Neptune grumbled from where he was lounging on the other couch with one earbud in one ear. Not even looking up from the book he was reading, he rasped, "She'll... be fine..." Watching nearby with his one good eye, Jupiter noticed the ice giant planet kitten was beginning to rub his scarred wrist feverishly. Without making a noise, he heaved himself off the wall he had been leaning on and walked over to the couch. Placing his paw on Neptune's shoulder as gently as possible, Jupiter rumbled, "Yeah, she's fine."

There was a knock on the door. His ears perking up, the Sun trotted over to it. He prayed it was Earth. Opening it, he didn't find Earth. He was not disappointed though as it was Vega. "Hi," she spoke softly. Meeting her gaze, the Sun replied, "Hey." He held the door open, allowing her to come inside. Entering the house, she asked, "Is there any word yet about Earth?" Shutting the front door, the Sun solemnly shook his head. An empathetic expression painted across her face, Vega wrapped her arms around the other star cat. Shaking slightly, the Sun leaned into the embrace.

Another knock on the door. "I got it!" Pluto squeaked, hopping off the Orbit. While the little vacuum cleaner continued its task of cleaning the house, the small seven year old planet kitten went up to the door. Hopping up as high as he could, he managed to turn the doorknob and henceforth open the door. Looking up at the feline standing on their doorstep, Pluto gasped and squealed, "Earth, you're back!"

"Hi Pluto, it's good to see you again," Earth meowed kindly. Nuzzling the tiny gray kitten she had laying between her front paws, she asked, "Alright if I come in?"