Chapter 22

"He's back!" Earth cheered. After two days, the Sun was finally coming home from the Eagle Nebula Hospital. All of the planet kittens, whether they would say it or not, missed him dearly. They rushed to be the first at the front door.

"It's gonna be okay Neptune, there's no need to be scared," the Sun meowed reassuringly. He and the young ice giant planet kitten walked side by side. His head hanging, Neptune muttered, "Are you sure? What if they don't like me? What if they see..." He didn't finish his sentence as he lifted one paw and felt his throat, right where the scars were. The only physical reminders of the terrible wound.

"They're not gonna see those unless you want them to see," the Sun replied. Draping his fluffy tail over the kid's shoulders, he continued, "That's why I gave you that bandanna. A little bit more stylish than bandages in my opinion." Neptune glanced down at the dark blue bandanna wrapped around his throat. It hid the two scars well. He blinked at the star cat gratefully.

Just then, the front door opened and the other planet kittens rushed out.

"You're back!" Earth and Uranus cried. They pounced on the Sun and gave him a warm hug. Saturn, Venus and Mars joined in the group hug while Mercury and Jupiter hung back. Neptune did the same, still wary of his new siblings. Seeing him, Earth went to give him a hug as she introduced herself, "Hi, I'm Earth!"

"Neptune," Neptune muttered, sidestepping to avoid the incoming hug. Finally able to get out of the group hug, the Sun flicked his tail towards Neptune as he explained, "This here is your new brother Neptune. I want you all to make him feel welcomed."

"Will do!" Earth squeaked, wagging her tail. She and Venus approached Neptune. Tossing her head towards the farmhouse as the whole family went back inside, Venus meowed, "Come on, we'll give you a tour." Wrinkling his nose at that, Neptune murmured, "Actually, can you just take me to my room? Please? I'd like to be left alone for a little bit before I'm given any tour. And I'll probably just give myself a tour. No offense."

"Oh," both girls replied at the same time, looking surprised. The Sun sighed softly as he watched them lead Neptune to his room. The star cat hoped the ice giant planet kitten would settle in well with his new family. Only time will tell though.