Chapter 41

"Oh thank Celestial you're here. I was starting to think I had the wrong location," Venus breathed a sigh of relief when Earth and the Moon stepped out of the asteroid cab. Delighted to see her aunt, the Moon ran up to the bright furred terrestrial planet cat with a series of squeaks. Smiling as she followed her daughter, Earth purred, "I'm the one who's supposed to have a terrible sense of direction."

"Ah, I knew you girls would be here first before everyone else," the Sun meowed, announcing his arrival. Earth and Venus ran up to their adoptive father and nuzzled him affectionately. "Hi Dad!" they both spoke at the same time. At that moment, Pluto hopped up on his hind legs to join the group hug. "Hiya!" the eleven year old chirped, wagging his tail. Giggling quietly, Venus patted their little brother on the head as she murmured, "Hey Pluto."

"Uranus? What are you doing here so early?" Earth asked, surprised to see the ice giant planet cat here before most of the others. Sitting down beside the Sun, Uranus shrugged his shoulders and remarked, "Yeah, I moved back in with Dad after I got fired from my main job." Shocked by this piece of news, Venus exclaimed, "How could you be fired?! You love cooking and your dishes are good, at least some of them."

"Hehe, yeah. I'm an amazing chef. However, I don't think the restaurant likes it when their chef eats everything in the food stock and continuously makes experimental dishes for the customers that could jeopardize their health," Uranus answered matter of factly. A big smile appearing on his face a split second later, he added, "But hey! I still have my part time DJ gig!"

"That's fabulous darling! Absolutely marvelous!" Saturn announced as he arrived on the scene. Everyone turned and stared at the bizarre site before them. It was the gas planet cat Saturn alright, but he was decked out in another one of his outrageous outfits. This one was a hot pink jacket with huge golden feathers making up the collar. And of course there were golden rings around his neck and each of his limbs. Noticing everyone staring at him, Saturn lowered his gold tinted glasses as he asked, "What? Is it the outfit?"

"No no no, you look great," the Sun answered before any of his other kids could answer. Satisfied, Saturn rubbed his head against his father's cheek as he purred, "Thanks Dad." At that moment, an asteroid cab rolled up. Stepping out, Jupiter looked around and muttered, "We were called to meet at the park?"

"I know, surprised me too," Earth remarked as she glanced up at the sign hanging over the park entrance. Sitting beside her older sister, Venus chimed in, "I guess Mars has the surprise here. This is the park we played at when we were all kids so it's nostalgic." Sighing softly as she batted her eyes, she mumbled, "He's so thoughtful." Raising one eyebrow, Earth commented, "You should ask him out." Gasping in horror, Venus slapped her tail over her sister's mouth as she hissed, "Do you want the universe to hear you?!"

"Neptune! You're here!" Pluto cheered, spying his older brother in the distance. The small planet kitten dashed over to greet him. Slowly trodding along the sidewalk, Neptune was not prepared for the incoming furball coming his way. The next thing he knew, he was tackled by a feline much smaller than him. "Hi there!" Pluto squeaked, smiling happily. Letting out a quiet snort, Neptune rasped, "Hey Pluto." Getting up to his feet, the ice giant planet cat carried his little brother by the scruff while Pluto began rambling on about everything new in his life.

"I'm not the last one, am I?" Mercury asked, screeching to a halt. He had run all the way over here. Everyone else nodded their heads, confirming he was indeed the last one there. Huffing as he flicked his ear, the spotted terrestrial planet cat grumbled, "Unbelievable, I'm the fastest one here and yet I'm the last to arrive." Rising up on his hind legs, Pluto piped up, "Mars isn't here yet!"

"Nope, I'm here now," Mars declared, trotting into view. Beckoning the whole family to follow him, the red furred terrestrial planet cat purred, "Thank you for coming guys, you're all gonna love this." Rolling his eyes, Jupiter muttered, "Sure we will." Letting the Moon ride on her head, Earth asked, "What are you showing us?"

"This," Mars announced as he led everyone across the street away from the park and over a hill to reveal a huge and majestic house. Turning to face the others with a big grin, the terrestrial planet cat exclaimed, "Everyone, welcome to the Solar System Complex!"