Chapter 2

Pain. That was the last thing she remembered. Just pain.

Whimpering softly as she blinked her eyes open, the tiny kitten couldn't see anything at first. Everything was so blurry. Fortunately her vision cleared up after a few seconds. Looking around at her surroundings, she became very confused. She did not recognize this place at all. Actually, she couldn't remember anything. The kitten didn't even know her own name. Curling up into a tight ball, she whimpered.

"It's okay little one, I'm here," a kind voice spoke. Startled, the tiny kitten lifted her head. Standing in front of her was a huge cat. His long fur was orange and yellow. A pair of blue sunglasses obscured his eyes, hiding them. Quietly padding over to the pillow the kitten was laying on, the cat spoke again, introducing himself, "I'm the Sun. What's your name?"

"I... I don't remember..." the tiny kitten admitted. She looked down at her paws, looking miserable. The Sun sighed softly. He was afraid this might happen. Three days had passed since he first found the terrestrial planet kitten on the side of the Asteroid Belt highway. She must've taken a heavy blow to the head. The doctors at the Eagle Nebula hospital claimed it was a miracle a kitten her size had survived that. Lost in his thoughts, the Sun almost didn't hear the kitten ask, "Where am I? Who am I?"

"You're in my house little one," the Sun answered the kitten's first question. Sitting down, he replied, "I'm afraid I don't know who you are though." The tiny kitten lowered her head as she mumbled, "I can't remember anything..." Feeling bad for the young planet cat, the Sun quietly got up to his feet. Laying down next to the kitten, he curled his body around her. Watching as she snuggled up against his soft warm fur, the star cat commented, "If you would like, we can call you Earth until you get your memory back."

"Earth..." the tiny kitten repeated before purring, "I love it."