old demon

"What are you doing here?" Stefan asked, brows pulled together as he walked down the steps to Katherine's living room. He studied the three men, each face turning to him at the sound of his voice and wearing a look of puzzle.

"Oh, Mr.Salvatore," the one whose conversation Stefan interrupted sighed. He stood from the low chair, making that noise old men always make when they stand up. Stefan was happy knowing he wouldn't grow old to be like that. 

"We didn't expect to see you here." He stepped toward Stefan, hand extended. 

He took it, giving a single shake. "So you're not just on corpse duty?" Stefan asked, stepping around the man and sitting on the chair next to Katherine. 

The man chuckled, shaking his head then turned to look at the two vampires. "My partners and I here are responsible for collecting deceased members of the Unit, yes. Sometimes however, there is information in need of sharing." He sighed, stepping forward for his seat. The Unit. Stefan knew it was them, but this confirmation was certainly appreciated. 

"Your name?" Stefan asked.

"This is Parker Y/L/N. Brother of Carla, in-law of Glenn," Katherine answered for Parker, "apparently their names are of no import." Katherine pointed to the two men who stood a little behind Parker. 

"Exactly. Now, Katerina, I'd much appreciate it if we could get on with our business here." He nodded. 

"By all means." Katherine extended her arm slightly.

"In private."

"Would be of no use. I can imagine what you've to say, Stefan can be here." She shrugged.

"Fine." Parker sighed. "You're aware of the complete chaos that's erupted round the globe, correct?"

"Yes." Katherine nodded once.

"Good. That will bode well once decisions are in need of making. Though, as I hope you are aware, we cannot afford an election right now. Not enough trust, and not safe for anyone while Elias roams about, apparently freely." Parker raised his brows once. She sucked in a quiet breath only Stefan would hear, heart rising as well. Though, her face stayed as calm.

"You will keep your position and manage the North-Eastern sector until Elias has been dealt with. After him, you must be ready to accept the fact you could lose the election."

"You speak with such conviction." Katherine's eyes narrowed, her mouth smirking. 

"I share simply what is at hand. Even if you do win you will be known as the Clueless and Craven Katerina." He almost laughed,

"You forget who you speak to, sir." Katherine spoke, the whites of her eyes darkening, small black veins racing to her eyes. Her lips tugged slightly, baring two fangs, sharp. Parker straightened slightly, his heart quickening, and he looked away. "Your Unit may have a say in our system, but you must remember it is only because we allowed it. We could have killed all of you. Could still kill you now. Your deaths, while a waste of power, would be mere inconveniences to us. See, your tiny lives of what... 80? 90 years old? Even younger. Usually younger. Your lives mean absolutely nothing to us." Katherine said, her eyes returning to normal, fangs retracting. "Thank you for your unnecessary visit. You may see yourselves out." She smiled, nodding once. Parker stood from his seat, the two men behind him as well. 

He rounded his seat, walking to the steps to the main hall. He stopped before the stairs, turning back around to them. "Goodbye, Katerina. Find her." 

。・゚゚・  ・゚゚・。