it's not right

The three of them stood outside, awaiting Katherine's chauffeur. Just as the letter said at 8:00 am on the dot, two black SUV's slowed before the Salvatore Boarding House. The back windows were tinted dark. So much so they may as well have been painted.

Each driver stepped out of their vehicle and rounded the front. The second driver stayed by his car, standing with perfect posture in front of the back passenger door, perhaps awaiting someone's arrival. The other driver however reached for the back door, opening it for
Katherine certainly.

The woman emerged from the vehicle and stepped toward them. She wore an outfit pretty against her. A black tank hugged her impressive physique, some sweatpants low revealing her golden skin. Skin that still held a paleness, Y/N could see. Her hair was held in a ponytail, hair as straight as Elena's and no flyways. 

"The ride is long." She started with a sigh, stopping before the three, "There will be no stops in a drive totaling four hours minimum."

"Four hours?" Damon asked in disbelief, glancing at Y/N then Stefan then back at Katherine. 

But the woman only rolled her eyes. "Yes, so, go to the bathroom, get something to entertain yourselves," she said, waving her hand, and turning back to the SUV, "Oh, and..." She stopped, turning back for a moment, "Y/N rides with me."

Both Stefan and Damon scoffed, though only one of them spoke. "No way." Damon smirked, but Katherine didn't mind.

"She rides with me or I leave you all here." She returned Damon the same smile then climbed back into her car. The chauffeur shut the door and returned to his stance, awaiting Y/N, they now knew.

"Four hours..." Damon repeated just above a whisper as he turned away, walking back inside. Y/N recalled everything she packed in her bag, knowing all the entertainment she'd brought as well as the energy bars she'd packed. 

But the girl turned around too, hitting the bathroom fore their journey.

As she lingered at the Boarding House those few minutes, Y/N wondered just what Katherine might question her. Surely that was why the woman insisted her private attendance. She hadn't anything to say to the old vampire and couldn't imagine Katherine having anything of interest for her.

Stefan already sat in the back of the second SUV when she arrived back out front, Damon had yet to return. So the girl waited for him by the door, knowing he'd want to say goodbye... Knowing she wanted to say goodbye. And finally he walked through the door, a bag Y/N hadn't seen him fashion before over his shoulder.

He glanced between the two SUVs before turning to her. "Text me if you need anything." He said,
Y/N nodded, "I will." And quicker than she knew, Damon pulled her into a hug. His hands pulled against her upper arms, and he drew her near, enclosing her within his space.

The girl smiled, wrapping her arms around him they stood for just a moment. Saying goodbye, maybe good luck. He most certainly wished her good luck for her four hour trip with Katherine Pierce. But finally he pulled away, hands reaching for hers for a squeeze. "See you in four hours." He raised his brows and leaned forward, pecking her on the cheek before leaving for his ride.
She shook her head at his affection, turning to her own with a smile wide on her lips. 

The chauffeur opened the door for her and she took a seat, noting Katherine typing quite quickly on her phone. Only when the door closed did the woman turn off her device and look at the girl. 

She took a minute in silence however, letting Y/N look about the vehicle for a moment. Dark but for the dots upon the ceiling in a warm white. Expensive detail, she thought, noticing there was nothing more Y/N to really looking at. The windows were completely blacked out, no way for her to see their route to Katherine's home. A divider rested between them and the driver too, and while strange Y/N felt as the driver stepped into the car and when he buzzed the engine to life.