the theatre only an hour drive away

It was cold and Y/N was grateful she could stay in bed a little longer. At 8:00 am she stepped out the door, outfit comfortable for her short school day. History and Chemistry. Two relatively easy classes. Certainly History, with the pelnty familiar faces sat around her each class. That day however, she and her friends had an exam. Finally they would be moving on from supernatural and Eastern American folklore. She stood out of Elena's home, waiting for her friend to meet her before their day. The brunette stepped out onto her porch, calling out a goodbye to her Aunt Jenna before meeting Y/N down her walkway. Today she wore a bulky sweatsuit, cream coloured; the top cropped and half-zipped, underneath a white baby-tee with a small teddy bear upon it's chest. The warm-looking sweats hung on her hips and she held a tote bag over he shoulder.

Her brown hair was held back in a low bun and her skin glowed, like usual.

"Hey," Y/N smiled, turning right for CJ's.

-

-

"Is Stefan meeting us here?" Y/N asked as they stepped for the bar to receive their warm drinks.

"Oh, uh..." Elena shook her head and looked down, "no, he-uh... He cancelled," she sighed, looking away at anything but Y/N in that moment.

The girl's eyes narrowed at her friend's defence, a sudden smallness to her posture. Finally Elena's chocolate eyes met Y/N's again and she nodded for a pair of lounge seats so often taken by other customers.

"You ready do the exam?" She deflected, taking a seat and sipping her drink.

"Yeah, I reviewed a little more last night. Shouldn't be too hard." Y/N shrugged,

Elena shook her head, chuckling, "I just can't believe how long we were learning about that stuff."

"I know," Y/N rolled her eyes, "I'll definitely owe my A to Twilight and other supernatural media." Y/N smiled.

。・゚゚・  ・゚゚・。

Y/N and Elena told the girls to meet after their Phys. Ed.. Apparently they were in Gym A today.

"Hey!" Caroline smiled, upbeat no matter the early hour. She wore black biker shorts and a long sleeve white shirt, both garments snug. Comfortable looking New Balances were on her feet with some slouchy socks and her hair was in a cute ponytail. Having cheer practice after school on those days, it was routine to see her in such fits every other day. Bonnie must have changed out of her gym strip, and she was wearing something entirely opposite. A fitted ribbed tank in a dark brown rested a little bit above her green denim. She wore dirty, high-top converse and her right arm held onto the canvas backpack slung on her shoulder. Her lighter brown, oversized hoodie was unzipped, slouching halfway down her upper arm and gold necklaces layered around her neck. She had rings on almost every finger and her hair was a wash and go.

"Everyone studied?" Caroline asked, looking mostly at Y/N and Elena as she stepped forward.

Elena smiled, "Yes, Caroline don't worry," Elena said

"Of course we did." Y/N said.

"Okay good, because I do not want any my friends selling themselves short." Caroline nodded.