Chapter 27

2 Months later

I brushed my hair as I heard Spock walk into the room.

Spock had decided to take one weeks leave, so that we could spend some time with our friends and catch up with each other. Though I'd like to have spent more time with him, I knew that any time would have to do.

"T'hy'la, we are running behind schedule." Spock said causing me to look behind me, and find him standing in the door way.

I let out a light laugh and shook my head as I turned back around.

"I know, but I just have to finish my hair and then we can go." I said as I started fixing the bun.

"I shall get the car ready." He said as he turned and walked out of the room.

I let out a small chuckle and continued to pin my hair up. When my hair was finally finished, I slipped a necklace on and then checked myself out in the mirror. I watched as Spock walked back into the room, an emotionless look on his face.

"Ready?" Spock asked as he walked up to me.

"Born ready." I said as he held his hand out to me.

I took it and allowed him to pull me to my feet. The trip to the restaurant was short and when we arrived I found Jim and the others waiting for us. I waved to them, a giant smile on my face.

"What is a vulcan doing with a human women?" I heard someone whispered as we walked past a table.

"Can't they just stay with their own kind." Another person hissed out.

I felt my breath hitch as I realized that they were talking about me and Spock. Spock moved to say something, but I was quicker. I quickly spun around and bent down, so that they would be the only ones to hear me.

"SHH! I don't think that he knows that he could do better than me." I whispered.

Their faces went red and they looked away from us. I smiled in victory as I stood up straight. I quickly spun back around and allowed Spock to lead me to our table, where our friends and family was waiting for us.

"You did not have to do that." Spock said as he pulled the chair back for me.

"Of course I did. I'm your wife." I said as I held my hand out to him.

He sent me a small smile, barely noticeable, and reached out and touched my finger tips with his. After a couple seconds he pulled his hand away and set down beside me. I turned back around and finally took notice of who all was here.

Watching us rather closely was, Jim, Bones, Chekov, and Jo, who had a giant grin on her face.

"So Jim, how has everything been?" I asked as I brought my glass of wine to my lips.

"Boring, all I've been able to do is paperwork. I have to say I am starting to miss being just a captain." Jim said as he let out a chuckle.

"I know what you mean. I miss being on a ship, myself. But someone won't allow me to return." I said as I pulled the glass away from my lips and shot Spock a look.

"It is illogical for you to return to StarFleet." Spock said as I set my glass down.

"See what I mean."

"I know the feelings, me and Pavel are trying for a baby and he wants me to go with him up until I'm pregnant." Jo said as she short Chekov a look.

"You can't be on a ship while pregnant!" Chekov exclaimed.

"I'm the head doctor!" Jo exclaimed as she glared at him.

"And I'm your husband!" He snapped as he crossed his arms over his chest.