Chapter 2

Just as I had expected Spock was out to make my life a living hell. Since we had started working together, Spock had made it his goal to go over every single thing with me, starting with rules.

I let out a groan as I listened to Spock once again ramble on about all the rules and regulations.

"You do realize, Commander, that I do in fact know all of this already." I said as I stopped myself from glaring at him.

"Then it won't hurt to refresh your mind, Lieutenant." Spock said calmly.

"I'm gonna murder Jim." I mumbled under my breath.

"That is illegal, and would most likely give you the death penalty." Spock said as he turned away from me and walked up to the board.

"Spock, it was a figure of speech. I'm not going to actually murder him." I said as I let out a sigh. "I wouldn't kill him because I know I'm in his will. And I thought that StarFleet was against the death penalty."

"On certain cases, it has just cause." He said as he looked away from me and grabbed another book.

"So forcing someone to memorize all the rules, that would totally be a cause for the death penalty right?" I sarcastically asked with a smirk.

He turned back around and I watched as he raised his eyebrow, which caused me to let out a sigh as I leaned back in my chair.

"How much longer will we be going over the rules?" I asked as I changed the subject.

"Until you can list all of them alphabetically." He said as he set back down in front of me.

"Great." I said as I shook my head. "You do realize it is almost impossible for any one to lost them alphabetically, right?"

"If this is to much for you, then perhaps you are not ready to be a Lieutenant Commander, let alone a member of StarFleet." Spock said as he stared down at me.

I slammed my hands onto the desk and glared up at him.

If I could get away with punching him in the face I would have, but I knew that would land me in jail and Spock wasn't worth that.

I took in a deep breath of air and then let it out. I slowly set back back down and leaned back in my chair.

"Commander, I can assure you that I am more than ready. Now shall we continue?" I asked as I gritted my teeth together.

He said nothing and simply gave me a nod as he turned and went back to listing all the rules.

When it was finally time for lunch I was thrilled to rush out of that room and meet up with Joanna.

I'd never been so glad to see Jo in my life and that was saying something because for over a year I wasn't able to see anyone.

"You look like you've had a great day." Joanna said as I grabbed a tray off of the food replicator.

"If I could get away with murdering one person, It would be Commander Spock." I growled out as I gritted my teeth.

"It can't be that bad." She said as we both set down at a table far away from anyone else.

It was no secret that I didn't like big groups of people. I was known to work alone for almost all of my projects, that is until I met Jo and she worked her way into my life.

"For nearly four hour he constantly repeated every single rule known to man. And then he had me repeat them back to him." I said as I picked up my fork.

"Oh no." She said as her eyes went wide and she stared at me in shock.

"I also had to write them down." I growled as I stabbed my fork into a piece of meat.