Chapter 1

After dropping my bag off, I left to grab some food. It wasn't long before both Joanna and Chekov arrived, still arguing.

"I'm just saying that he's hot! What's wrong with that!" Joanna exclaimed.

"What's wrong with that? What's wrong with that is he's 44 years old!"

They set their trays down and then plopped down across from me.

"Thea tell Chekov that Montgomery Scott is hot."

"Don't drag me into this." I said as I brought my cup to my lips.

"Tell her that Scotty is to old for her!" Chekov exclaimed.

"Again, do not drag me into this." I said as I downed my drink.

"You wouldn't tell her that Commander Spock is to old for her! So why are you telling me who I can and can't flirt with!" Joanna exclaimed.

"Um I don't want to be with that Asshole." I said as I held a finger up.

"Sure you don't."

I rolled my eyes and pulled my datapad.

"Hey have you got your orders yet?" Chekov asked as he tried to look down at my pad.

"Not yet, still waiting for it to come in. Jo, what bout you?"

"Nope, I haven't heard a single thing yet. Seems the admiral is behind on sending out reports." Jo said as she let out a huff.

"I'm sure he will send them out soon. He's probably busy dealing with idiot cadets." I said as I turned to look at a group of cadets, who were picking on a kid.

"I hope they know that one day that kid could be their captain." She said as she let out a snort.

"Why do you think I'm nice to you, Doc." I said as I sent Chekov a wink. "You might have to stitch me up again."

"I hope I have to give you your next physical, cause I'm gonna stab you with so many needles." Jo growled out.

Chekov and I both laughed causing Jo to throw a pea at me.

"Captain Kirk, I'm still surprised that you're picking up new recruits. I just.. well I don't understand why you need more people." A voice said from behind us.

My ears perked up and I leaned back in my chair.

"I don't need new recruits, I just need two people on board my ship, I've already spoken to Fleet Commander Pike and he has issued their placement on the USS Enterprise." Jim explained as he set down across from the admiral.

"Really and who might these two cadets be?"

"They actually aren't cadets or ensigns. One of them was just ranked up to Lieutenant Commander."

"I'm starting to see where this is going, Captain." The admiral said with a chuckle.

"Good then I will not have any problem with changing her orders around?"

"You're in luck, I haven't sent her orders yet, either of the twos." He explained. "Something told me that I'd be having to change them."

"So you're not going to fight Jim on this?" Bones asked with a frown.

"No, I know better than to try and stop Kirk." The Admiral said with a laugh.

"See I told you there wouldn't be any issues, Spock." Jim said as he patted the commander's back.

"Captain, I believe the issues will be with Lieutenant Commander Kirk. Are you sure she even wishes to join the Enterprise?" Spock asked with a raised eyebrow.