Chapter 20

After awhile Spock was forced to leave and I made my way to the medbay. I looked around and frowned as I tried to find Jo.

"Nurse, where is Doctor Joanna McCoy?"

"Ma'am we don't have a Joanna McCoy on this ship." She said as she looked down at the ground.

"I see, thank you." I said as I turned and walked out of the room.

I made it to my bedroom and turned my computer on.

"Computer, bring up files on Joanna Lee McCoy." I ordered with a frown.

"Ensign Joanna Lee McCoy, killed in 2263 by Commander Darok of the Klingon empire. Ensign McCoy was first officer to Lieutenant Theodosia Kirk."

"That's enough." I said as I covered my mouth.

I felt a tear stream down my face, but before it could hit the ground I whipped it away. I clicked on Joanna's file and watched as images popped up.

I found that Joanna was captured saving this worlds Theodosia Kirk life. Joanna was then tortured to death, she would end up dying in her best friend's arms.

I turned the computer off and rose to my feet. I walked over to Manning and picked him up in my arms.

I knew I couldn't leave him alone, so I carried him with me to the sickbay.

"You okay? You look pale?" Bones said as I walked in to the room.

"I'm... fine." I said as I walked up to him.

The door opened and I turned around and watched as Spock walked into the room holding a phaser in his hand.

"Yes, of course. The entire landing party. Captain, stand over there. Doctor, it is time for answers." Spock said as he turned to look at Bones.

"Spock, we are not your landing party." I said as I took a step forward.

He aimed his phaser at me and I stopped in my tracks.

"Explain."

"Well... actually it's harder to explain then I had expected." I said as I looked over at Jim.

Jim let out a sigh and quickly knocked the phaser out of Spock's hand. I watched as both Jim and Scotty tried to knock Spock out. But Spock knocked them away, he even threw Uhura across the room. I handed Manning over to Bones and ran up behind Spock. I picked a skull up and smashed it over Spock's head. He fell to the ground, unconscious as Manning let out a scream.

"I'm sorry, Mister Spock." I said as I stared down at him.

"How much time, Scotty?" Jim asked as he walked up to Scotty.

"Hardly fifteen minutes, sir. The field density between the two universes is starting to close very fast."

Bones handed Manning over to Uhura and then rushed over to Spock.

"Help me get him on the table. Well, come on. Help me get him on the table. He'll die without immediate treatment." Bones said as he tried to lift Spock up.

I rushed to his side and helped him lift Spock onto the table.

"Everything laid in, Scotty? The time lag so that the operator can get into the transporter chamber?"

"All laid in, sir. Come on, McCoy! We're taking a chance of not getting back home." Scotty exclaimed as Bones stayed in place.

"We'll get home. This won't take long." Bones said as he scanned Spock.

"Fourteen minutes. We've got to go!"

"Shut up! I can save his life. Do you want me to stop, Jim? It'll only take a minute." Bones said as I took Mannjng from Uhura.