Chapter 4

I made my way to my room and decided to wait the rest of the day out. I flipped thru some files on my computer as I took my break. Though I was reading the files, my mind was elsewhere.

I couldn't help but to think of Spock and how weird he had been acting. Since Charlie had arrived it was as if Spock was constantly watching me and I didn't know why. Normally Spock kept his distance, but it seemed that I had ran into him constantly.

There was a beep at my door which caused me to turn off my computer. I turned around and crossed my legs as I leaned back in my chair.

"Come in!" I called out.

The door slid opened and I watched as Spock rushed into my room. He looked around before his eyes landed on me and he walked up to me.

"Follow me now." Spock ordered as he stopped in front of me.

"What's wrong? Has something happened?" I asked as I stared up at him.

Spock said nothing and quickly leaned down. He grabbed onto my elbow and hoisted me to my feet. I stared at him in shock as he kept his hand on my arm and dragged me towards my door.

"It appears that Charlie has taken over the ship." He explained as he led me out of the room.

I quickly stopped walking and he turned to look at me.

"Charlie? You can't be serious, Spock. How is that even possible?" I asked as I stared up at Spock. "Charlie is just a kid, he couldn't possibly take control of the ship."

"I do not have time to explain what has happened. But I can assure you that Jim will explain everything. But for now you must trust me." He said as he took a step forward. "I know we have had our differences but I believe your life is in danger."

"Spock, I've always trusted you." I said as I sent him a reassuring smile.

He gave me a small nod and took my hand in his. He turned around and we made out way to my door. Almost as soon as the door opened we were greeted by Charlie, who appeared to have been waiting outside.

"Charlie, what are you doing here?" I asked as I stared at him in shock.

"I came to talk to you." He said as he sent Spock a glare.

Charlie's eyes landed on our intertwined fingers and I saw his face harden.

"I'm afraid that Theodosia can't talk to you as of right now. We have business to attend to." Spock calmly stated as he pulled me closer to him.

"She said that we could talk later." Charlie growled as his eyes met Spock's.

"She is busy right now." Spock said as he placed himself between me and Charlie.

I don't know why but for some reason I was scared, perhaps it was because I didn't know what was going on. Or maybe it was because I had never seen Spock so protective, it was as if Spock was scared himself.

"Is there a problem here?" Jim asked as he rushed up to us.

"I want to talk to Thea, but Commander Spock won't let me." Charlie hissed out.

"She has work to do, how about you-"

"No!" He yelled as Jim was thrown against the wall.

Spock moved to stop him, but was instantly thrown back.

"Charlie stop!" I yelled as I watched Spock hit the wall.

Charlie ignored me and stared intensively at Spock. Spock tried to get down, but it was as if an invisible force was holding him in place. Within seconds Spock let out a scream and I stared at Charlie shocked as I heard the sound of Spock's leg breaking.