Chapter 28

But now the problem was that sleep wasn't wanting to come to me. I should be tired of everything that has been happening lately and to be honest, I was infact exhausted. However, I wasn't sleepy.

It was probably because I had this tension of Taehyun in my mind that was not letting me get any sleep. Oh, Taehyun, what have you done to me.

I sighed and opened my eyes to peep around if anyone else was awake. But it didn't seem like anyone was. I could hear light snores from every direction.

Everyone must've been tired through these days and in addition to that, everyone who are going to try to get to the helicopter tomorrow, will have to get up early.

I decided to take a risk and sit up a little and glance at a distance at Professor Namjoon to make sure he was asleep. Yes, he looked like he was having a sound sleep and will not wake up until the next day.

I slowly unzipped my sleeping bag, determined to not make any noise escape. I slowly and quietly slid myself out of the sleeping bag and stood up.

I had to make sure I step on no one's body. Yeah like if I accidentally step on someone's foot and they let out a loud screech, I won't even like to imagine the embarassment I will have to face after everyone gets up.

I tip-toed my way first to Professor Namjoon and stole the torch that he had kept right beside his pillow and to the staircase through which Taehyun had gone.

Yeah, okay but now the problem that arises is that which floor is he on? Except the ground floor, there are 3 more floors and he might be anywhere.

I can just hope he is lazy enough to not go to the upper floors. I cannot just search this whole library. Trust me, it is huge. Here I go, I guess.

~•~

I. Hate. This. Man.

Okay, you want alone time, I get it. But does that mean you are bound to go as far as possible. I have searched the whole first floor, with this torch lit in my hands. However, I couldn't find any trace of Taehyun.

But, I was already exhausted. I had to go through the bookshelves and also the reading areas by the windows and  walls on the whole of first floor and still wasn't able to find him.

On top of that, the thought that there might be atleast one zombie out here at any floor, behind any bookshelf, under any reading area table hadn't left my mind. I was always a little tensed by thinking of that.

My forced my tired limbs to get to the second floor. I swear if he's not here, I will just leave. The rest of the floors are even more enormous than this.

Just when I had managed to climb up to the edge of the staircase railing on the second floor. I heard noises. Not humane ones.

It was some limping of stuff. Meeting a zombie here would be the last thing I'd want to experience. I do not have any backup or weapon and I don't wish to take the zombies to the others sleeping like babies.

It must be some cat or ghost. There's a rumour that noises comes from the school library late at night because there's this ghost of a student who killed herself here (like the rumours at every school) Some say it's just the cat of the caretaker.

But no one knows.

I swear it'd be better for me to meet a ghost than a zombie.

Shaking stupid thoughts aside, I start my tracks again to try to find Taehyun.

I roamed around the empty floor of the library for about 10 minutes now and I still have no clue of Taehyun. Maybe I'm just wasting my time. Yeonjun is right. I should leave him alone.

But what if he's in a trouble?!

I rest myself with my hand on the bookshelf that I was beside me. Okay I'll take a little break and then search again. "What are you doing here?" A dreadful and calm voice lured in my ears.

It made me jump in surprise.

I fell back a few steps away from the voice as I turned around impulsively which I wouldn't recommend doing after you hear an unknown voice. If you do, RUN.

However, I'm taking it positively as I'm assuming that my luck mustn't have been that bad. It was because the one who spoke the words wasn't some zombie, ghost or pervert. It was just Taehyun.

"Where were you?!" I said after catching my breath from the surprise. Taehyun didn't answer but shrugged as he gestured around, indicating that he was on this floor.

Taehyun was trying to keep on a straight face as he was still leaning in as he had while he whispered in my ear. "Why? Were you worried about me?" Taehyun asked with a small smile as he was still leaning in, hands in his pockets.

"Evryone had Ramyeon for lunch. I mean after not eating for such a long time and then having just that didn't fill our stomach. However, we're hungry no more. But you haven't even eaten anything. Now, Professor Namjoon has provided us with sleeping bags and you were still not showing up, so, I decided to come here. But seeing you being completely fine makes me question why did I even come." I completely ignored his question.

Taehyun let out a small chuckle and stood straight, pulled out his hand from the pocket to ruffle my hair. I glared at him. He pulled back his hand a moment after a small smile still formed on his lips.

"Why? You wanted me to cry?" He asked. I didn't answer, yet again and just caught a grip of his wrist. "Let's go down. You should eat." I tried to pull him but obviously he was stronger than me and hence as he didn't move an inch, I failed to walk away either.

He, took his other hand out of his pocket and removed his hand from my grip. It did make me a little disheartened, thinking maybe he didn't want me to touch him in any way.

But he put a stop to my overthinking as he repositioned our hands so that it wasn't my hand holding his wrist but rather our hands being joined together.

"I have a better option." He stated. "And what is that?" I asked. "There's a place here. Let's just stay here-" But I cut off his words. "Taehyun, we've got to go. We cannot just stay here. Professor Namjoon..."

"We'll be back by next morning before anyone gets up." Taehyun's eyes glinted a little. I just couldn't give a negative answer to those pretty eyes. I sighed in defeat. "Fine." I replied.

Taehyun beamed and started dragging me somewhere.