Chapter 4

"There's a zombie apocalypse."

My heart sank and it stopped beating at once. It was as if I wasn't able to breathe. My brain had stopped. Maybe I heard wrong.

"Come on, sir! We're not little kids to believe that!" One of the students laughed it off. I could hear many others laugh it off too. Yeah, maybe it was just a joke. The principal was probably trying to pull a prank on us.

"We're serious, students. Please come forward." The principal put on something on the laptop that he had on the table beside him. It showed us several people being attacked at the airport closest to us. The people who were attacked by zombies even included Park Seojun. Yes, that actor.

Everyone now started to believe that the principal was not kidding. He was infact serious. He was serious, nervous, frightened and couldn't see a way out of it.

The field had filled with gasps and whispers. I could see everyone panicking. One of the students had even fainted, having panic attacks. She was taken away to the infirmary.

It would be a lie to say that I wasn't panicking. I don't even remember when I was this scared in life before this. My brain had completely stopped braining the way it was supposed to brain.

Will I survive this? What will happen now? Is this my end? Will I die here? What would it be like if zombies actually invade our school? Will everyone around me become a zombie? Will they attack me? Is my mom okay?

These weren't just my thoughts. It was evident that everyone had these thoughts lingering their minds. Kiara, beside me was trembling in fear. Michiko had her legs quivering in fear and Yuna was breathing heavily. Many students were even crying around us.

"We request you not to panic and keep your calm. To keep you safe, we're locking the school and as long as no zombies approach us, we are safe." The principal announced but it didn't really have any effect on the students.

It was because they knew they're only safe till zombies don't arrive at the school. But they were already at the nearest airport. They could come here anytime.

Everyone was dismissed to go to their classes. To keep the students remain calm, the school had announced that the classes would still be held. "I swear to God, even if the earth was ending today, right now, this school would still hold classes." I rolled my eyes as we start walking back to our respective classes.

"I am sure I'll survive till the end!" Yuna blurted out. Kiara looked like she was about to punch her anytime. "I will survive till the end and try to protect y'all but I'm sure all of you will be the first ones to die!" Yuna laughed.

But no one seemed to be in the mood of jokes. It was a matter of life and death and she wanted to laughed it off?

"Is she insane?!" Kiara exclaimed after we sat on our seats at our classroom. "I know,right!" I agreed with her. "Can't she see how serious of a matter this is?!" Kiara was panicking. I could sense it.

"I swear to God, I would've given her a black eye right at the moment." She clenched her jaw. "Even the passerby students passed her a look. It's a time when we're supposed to stick to each other and find a way out and she's planning on killing whom off." I said.

"I still can't believe any of this." Kiara sighed out, shifting the topic. "Are we in a dream?" She added. "This must be a nightmare." I pinched her on her arm. She flinched and pulled away her arm. "This isn't a dream." She said.

"I don't even know if we'll survive till the end? What's gonna happen now? How would it be if zombies actually invade the school? Everyone would just try to save themselves and push the others into death just like Yuna. What are we going to do now?! I don't want to die! My parents, are they okay?!" Kiara cried out and slammed her head onto the desk infront of her, as if she was losing all her hope.

I placed my hand on her shoulder to assure it's going to be fine. While on the inside, I was having the exact same panic attacks.

"I'm leaving!" Beomgyu grabbed his bag and was about to walk away but Yeonjun grabbed his arm and turned him around forcefully.  "We're not supposed to!" Yeonjun argues. "I don't want to die here!" Beomgyu pulls away his hand.

"But it's dangerous out there!" Soobin says.

That wasn't just happening to those three. Others were stuck between staying or running away and sneaking out. But no one seemed to be able to decide. Decide whether to die here, or to die out there.

After a heated argument with his friends, Beomgyu didn't listen to his friends and decided to sneak out. They were yelling at each other so loud that the class knew that he was sneaking out.

But just when he was about to sneak out of the classroom, the history teacher walked in. Everyone was made to settle onto their seats. So was Beomgyu. Beomgyu cursed under his breath as he walked up to his seat and grabbed his hair in frustration.

"I-I... I know this isn't much of a right time to teach. B-but I want all of you to remain patient. Nothing will happen to us. We will all survive this together. Now, to keep your mind off of all this, please turn your books to p-page 183." The teacher said.

She told us it's gonna be fine. But it seemed like she didn't herself believed her words. She was stuttering and trembling. Her hand quivered crazily as she had started writing onto the board.

The students weren't in their best condition either. Everyone was fearing their lives. Some were praying crazily, some were crying, some were chanting to themselves, telling themselves to calm down.

I really want to check up on mom if she's okay. But we're not allowed to use our phones inside the school campus. I know that even if this is an emergency, if I pull out my phone now, it'll get confiscated. Crazy school, I know.

But my thoughts were interrupted by yelling noises that came from outside the classroom. Through the door of the classroom, we could see students in their laboratory aprons running towards the right. As if they were running away from something. Then, it hit me.

They were running away from zombies....