Chapter 17

By this time Taehyun and Beomgyu had reached us. Yuna held her cheek. I probably hit her hard. But it didn't stop her from trying to turn around and try to run towards the zombies again.

I stepped in front of her, avoiding her from taking any furthermore steps. She was still holding her cheek with her hand. "Get out of my way." Her eyes were boring into mine.

It would've been wrong to say that there weren't any zombies close to us. There were, who did approach us. However, Taehyun and Beomgyu knocked them over.

"Stop acting like a maniac and do what we had planned." I demanded. "You don't tell me what to do." Yuna stated. "After killing Michiko, Kiara and Soobin, don't do anything troublesome!" I argued.

"I- I didn't kill them!" Yuna hissed. "The zombies did. But, you're the reason for their death." I couldn't hold it in myself anymore. Yuna's face went pale, taken by surprise.

"Fine. I take the blame then," Yuna smirked, out of the blue. What's she up to? "But if I'm to be blamed, you should be blamed too for your breakups. No wonder because of your stubborn demanding nature, no one wants to stay." Yuna pointed at Taehyun with her eyes.

It.. it did make my heart grief a little. Well, more than a little but I wasn't going to give in. I was about to snap back but it looked like Yuna saw a ghost as terror took over her annoying smirk.

I looked at the direction she was looking at. She seemed to be staring behind my shoulder. I looked over my shoulder and saw those zombies that we've been trying to avoid leapt towards us.

They were too close. "I'm sorry." Yuna muttered under her breath. No sooner did I turn around to face her again, she had pushed me. I landed onto the ground while she ran back towards the entrance of the main building.

I felt that the zombies were too close for me to avoid. It was as if my body didn't want to get up. Maybe the Aftershock of the words she spat. I did get hurt while I fell.

I looked over my shoulder to see that the zombies were just a foot away. My heart stopped beating as one of the zombie was about to jump at me. I wanted to stand up but my legs didn't want to listen to me.

Is this my death?

But then suddenly that zombie was hit with a desk and it fell down on the ground a few feets away from me. I looked up. It was Taehyun. But he didn't have any time to even glance at me.

He was trying hard to throw away the other zombies that came to us as well. I suddenly felt some holding me up by my arm. It was Beomgyu. He helped me stand up. I looked down at my leg. There was a cut.

It wasn't a minor cut, but it was minor enough to resist. Beomgyu left my arm soon after I stood up and went to help out Taehyun. I finally regained my conscious as I became aware of the situation.

The phone had stopped the music owing to the fact that the zombies had destroyed it, leaving it in shreds. Thus, the zombies were sprinting towards us. We were lucky enough as not all the zombies decided to come for us.

But they were still in a good amount. I noticed that Beomgyu and Taehyun were struggling to keep up with the zombies as they tried to attack us. "We should go back." Taehyun looked over at me once before trying to fight back again.

But as Taehyun was trying to fight a zombie, another was about to attack him from the back. I realised that I had that weapon with me right now that Taehyun made for me. I understood that I fell onto it and it cut my leg.

I only thought that this might even take Taehyun down if it didn't hit the zombie (my aim is far worse than you can expect) after I threw it at the zombie. But I turned out to be lucky as it hit the zombie.

It swept right past Taehyun who seemed to get startled as he glanced at it as it passed by him. He then passed me a quick smile before gesturing with his eyes to start running.

Beomgyu was made aware too. I without any second thought, started running towards the entrance to the main building. I had no arms with me at this moment. I decided to glance over my shoulder to check if Taehyun and Beomgyu had left the battlefield of zombies just to find Taehyun catching up to me. Beomgyu right beside us.

Taehyun's eyes were focused on our path, probably examining if any zombies are ahead of us. We managed to get into the main building without much difficulty. But at the entrance, stood a zombie that was about to come right at us.

But Taehyun shoved it with all his might to a considerable distance with the desk as he was the first one to encounter the zombie. Taehyun then banged onto the door of the secret room, informing the others that it was us.

They opened the door in no time. But Taehyun stood by the frame, allowing me and Beomgyu to get in first. I decided to let Beomgyu in ahead. Taehyun landed a zombie onto the floor with his kick while I rushed into the already packed room.

Taehyun hurriedly got in after me, closing the door behind him. The three of us were trying to catch our breath, recalling ourselves being trapped in that field.

"A-are you guys okay?" Hueningkai seemed to be scared. It just brought to my notice that Yeonjun and Hueningkai had arrived safely though they had bloodstains on their uniforms.

"And why didn't you bring anything? We worked so hard to... Atleast you're safe. But what happened? Yuna came in first right after us while it took y'all so long to? We asked her but she told us to ask you." Yeonjun asked.

Taehyun was still panting beside me, our bodies brushing against each other, but he managed to still stare at Yuna as if the zombies didn't kill her, he would.

"Go on, tell them." He said.