Chapter 10

And then, we sprinted into the corridor filled with the undead.

None of us uttered a word. Not even Yuna. Well, she was being forced to keep her mouth shut by Kiara. But still, we had managed to attract the zombies. They sprinted towards us which resulted a scream being let out by Yuna.

That scream brought even more zombies towards us. "Close your eyes." Taehyun commanded. I assumed that this was not much of a good time to argue back. So, I did as I was told to.

I just kept running with my eyes close, even though that sounds dangerous even if this place wasn't filled with zombies. I could sense Taehyun shifting from running beside me to running infront of me, dragging me.

I opened my eyes a little just so that I would not run into him. I saw him kicking and punching away all the zombies that came in our way. There weren't much, there were around 4 zombies that tried to attack us.

More of them seemed to attack the ones at the back as I could hear the commotion. Taehyun's grip around my hand tightened after we made a turn. "Just hold on a little more, we're almost there." I heard him whisper.

He managed to kick off two more zombies that came into our way. It did not have much affect on them cause they didn't die but they were shoved out of our way for a good amount of time.

The classroom which was our destination came into sight as we ran crazily towards it. Taehyun hadn't let go of my hand even for a second. No more zombies approached us until we reached the classroom.

But to our surprise, the door to the classroom was locked from the inside. Taehyun banged on the door with his other hand that wasn't holding mine. But there was no answer. I peeped through the window beside the door into the classroom.

"There are people in there." I informed to Taehyun. Taehyun bit his lower lip before yelling for the students inside to hear. "We're not zombies! We're students who are completely fine! Let us in! We're Taehyun and Y/n and we have some other students too."

As Taehyun was yelling that for the students, I glanced back at the direction we ran from. The others had finally reached the turning. We ran that fast? Or maybe that was because Taehyun was too fast or maybe because... zombies got more attracted to Yuna's screams.

I also noticed that none of the pairs were together. They weren't holding hands like it was planned to. Rather, they were running individually. Yeonjun was at the front, trying to shove off the zombies, followed by Kiara and at the end were Yuna and Michiko, struggling to keep pace.

I looked down at Yeonjun and mine joined hands. It made me feel a little guilty. They were struggling out there and we were safe, atleast for now.

Just then, the door of the classroom creaked a little open. An eye peeking through. "Are you sure you're not bitten becau-" "Oh shut up!"But the student's voice was cut short as Taehyun pushed the door and managed to get in. I followed right behind him.

"Hyuka!" Taehyun seemed happy after he saw the face of the student who had opened the door. "Are y'all okay?" Hueningkai asked. I nodded. "we are,but...." I glanced outside the classroom.

"Oh yes, we should close the door before-" Hueningkai had just walked towards the door when Taehyun held his arm to stop him. "Yeonjun hyung and others are coming."

Hueningkai put his head out to see that the others were almost here. "Run fast!" He held onto the doorknob. Me and Taehyun walked up to the doorframe too, to glance out.

In a short time, Yeonjun and Kiara had ran in, panting heavily. Yeonjun bent down to catch his breath. "Why..." He panted out. "Why are you two still holding hands?" He asked.

I looked down to see that I was infact still holding Taehyun's hand. It felt so familiar and comfortable that I hadn't even noticed. Both of us let go of each other's hands as we looked away. I have no idea about him, but my cheeks were burning up. Y/N NO!

This isn't the right time..

Because the others were struggling out there. "We should close the door. They're bringing in the zombies with them..." Hueningkai slowly said.

"No. Don't do it yet!" I prayed in my mind for the others to reach safely. They weren't far. But the problem was, it looked like zombies would attack them at any moment now.

I was appalled to see that a zombie had tried to catch a grip of Yuna. She seemed to notice it. So, she wasted no time to grab Michiko by her shoulder and threw her back at the zombies. Everyone was as surprised as I was as they gasped.

While Yuna ran even faster now. Michiko was now covered by the zombies. Taehyun pulled me into the classroom. "Don't look." He ordered. I would argued but I was to stunned to even speak. "Close the door." I said to Hueningkai.

Hueningkai looked as dreadful of Yuna as everyone was. So, he did as he was told to. He began to close the door. But Yuna was fast enough to sneak in. She looked the door behind her while she leaned onto the door, catching her breath.

"Thank God! Why were y'all about to close the door?" She questioned as everyone stood around her in a semi-circle. "What have you done..." Kiara breathed out. "I know it was a close call..." Yuna said.

Kiara walked over to Yuna and slapped her across the cheek. "Are you insane?!" Kiara yelled out. But as Yuna was about to reply we suddenly heard some noises from end of the  classroom.

We instinctively turned around as we got startled by that noise...what is it now?