Chapter 3

The bell rang, signalling that the class was finally over. "I'm mad hungry!" Kiara exclaimed after the teacher exited the class. I mean, it's making me hungry too. But I can't eat. "I'm excited to see what's on the menu today!" She stood up after she had finished stuffing her books into her bag.

'Yeah..." I slowly say as I stand up after doing the same. "Let's go!" She gets a hold of my arm and starts to walk me towards the cafeteria which was a little far from the main school building. The architects must've been morons cause they built a whole cafeteria in another building.

But we witness students with disappointed faces walking back  from the cafeteria. "What happened? Why is everyone going to the opposite direction?" Kiara stopped a student. Wonhee. "They say that the cafeteria is closed for the day." Wonhee frowned. "Oh..." Kiara bit her inner lip.

Wonhee kept walking on her way. "We have no choice but to stay hungry for today I guess." Kiara said as we turn around to go back to our class or wander around the school. It's not a bad thing for me. The lesser calories I'll have now.

"They could've informed in advance that we'll have to bring our lunchboxes with us today. Almost all he students have their lunches at the cafeteria." I said. "What can I say when the school authorities don't even know how to run a school." Kiara sighed out.

Just then, a student ran up to us, panting. Eunchae. "Hey! Why are you having a whole marathon in the corridor?" Kiara asked. Eunchae caught her breath before she spoke. "The principal has summoned everyone to the school field."

Eunchae again ran past us to inform others. "They could've announced it through the speakers." Kiara said as we started walking towards the school field. "I heard that there's some problem at the recording room and they're too lazy to fix it. It ain't a big problem. It can be fixed easily but they're procrastinating." I reply.

Kiara nodded in understanding. "I wonder what the matter could be." "I swear to God, if it's another prize distribution ceremony to those sporty kids, I will throw a gallon of hot water at the principal." I gritted my teeth.

"Standing in that hot sun in this weather ain't less than any torture." I added. "We can just hope that it actually is something important." Kiara hoped. I hope so too.

We look around ourselves to see everyone at the school field. Yuna and Michiko had approached us. Every single student was present. It was as if they had swept everyone out of the cool classrooms into the scorching heat of the sun.

"Students," The principal grabbed everyone's attention. "We have something very unbelievable and important to tell you that was very unexpected." The principal swallowed a gulp.

Everyone was fanning themselves. They barely wanted to listen to the words that escaped the principal's mouth. "The school is on lock down. We're not allowing anyone to enter the school and we forbid you from leaving the school too." Whispers circled around the crowd.

I notice the teachers faces. They were pale. As if they were in great terror. I wonder what the matter could be that every single teacher had this dreadful expressions pasted onto their faces.

"I wonder if it's because they found out that I'm a hidden fairy that fell straight from the heaven." Yuna gasped dramatically. All the girls looked at her, with a 'are you serious' expression on their faces.

"Come on, I'm just kidding. Can't y'all take a joke?" Yuna laughed to herself which the others didn't really find funny. She then, looked at me. I tried to force a smile on my lips to assure her that I loved her joke or whatever that was but honestly, she sucked.

Just when I was looking at Yuna, I saw two more people at a distance at the back. Taehyun... with his girlfriend.... Hyemi.... Taehyun had probably found himself an area of shade and placed a bench there and allowed himself, Hueningkai and Hyemi to sit on.

They looked like they were talking among themselves and having fun. Hyemi seemed to smile a lot. Honestly speaking, Hyemi was a really pretty and kind girl. I wonder if having those two qualities at the same time is even possible.

Just when I was busy keeping my eyes on Hyemi, Taehyun looked at me. As if he shot a shoot of cold eyes towards me from a distance. I quickly turn around. Kiara probably saw that. "Don't turn around." She warned me. I slowly nodded.

"Guys, Taehyun is staring at me despite having his girlfriend sitting right beside him. Gosh, how obvious can he be?" Yuna giggled. Kiara shot me a look of 'who is gonna tell her?'

It was quite funny when we know what really the matter was.

"We really request all of you to remain patient and calm. We know that what we're going to tell you all is not a small issue. It is a matter of life and death. But if all of you co-operate with our plans. We assure that all of you will remain safe and no harm will happen to you." The principal announced.

It was as if he was building up a suspense. I could see all the students grow impatient as they were the ones who were made to stand right under the sun.

"The school is shutting all it's gates. Thus, avoiding anyone from coming into the campus. So, we can assure you that you have nothing to worry about. But we assumed that it would be better to inform you the cause of the lockdown that has been imposed to keep everyone safe." The principal was hesitating to say whatever he was going to say.

"Sir! Just announce already. We might die because of the heat and the rays of the sun anytime." One of the students yelled from the back. The expression on the face of the  principal turned dark.

"There's a zombie apocalypse."