Chapter 13

"But I'm too thirsty..." Yuna breathed out. "Stop speaking, it'll make you even more dehydrated." Taehyun stated. "Then, bring me some water!!" She snapped at him. "Should we throw you out of this window? There's a lake within a walking distance!" Kiara sarcastically suggested.

"Bitch." Yuna muttered under her breath. "What did you say-" Kiara walked towards her and was about to pick on a fight when I got between them. "Listen," I panted out, "all of us are really thirsty and that's why we're not being ourselves. I don't think it's the best time to pick on a fight."

"She's right.. let's save our words. We'll have to get out of this room tomorrow morning." Yeonjun said. "Yes, it'll be the third day.." Soobin glanced at Taehyun, reminding him of his theory of how humans can live upto three days without water.

And slowly everyone got to their positions to go have a rest before fighting for their survival the next morning. It was the second day. Even though it still seemed too unreal, it was the second day of the zombie apocalypse.

We had somehow killed time with a lot of efforts during the day. No one wished to risk their lives by going out of the room to meet those zombies. But everyone was slowly getting more and more thirsty and hungry.

Tomorrow, it'll be the third day and as per what the living encyclopaedia, Kang Taehyun said, we won't survive the next day without any more drop of water. So, it was either dying here of thirst or risking lives for a chance of survival.

Everyone chose the latter. I have no idea what will come ahead of us the next day but I hope all of us can hopefully survive this together.

I pretended to doz just for Taehyun to bring his shoulder to me. Maybe now I was too being close to him... again... It would just hurt me all over again. But I was too selfish to let him go.

As per my expectations, Taehyun did bring his shoulder to support my head. He gently spoke the same words he said to me the night before. Oh, him acting this way is really making me miss him, miss us.

Maybe he has forgotten that he has a girlfriend. But if I had to be brutally truthful, I wasn't minding it either. Was I doing something wrong? Probably, but I was too selfish to make it stop.

I know he has not done anything grand like bringing in the moon for me but those little actions of his makes me fall for him (again). When he didn't let go of my hand while running to this classroom, when he didn't let me look at Michiko getting attacked or now when he's providing a shoulder to me.

I can't help but feel things for him all over again. I know I shouldn't. But please don't blame me, after our breakup, I promised to never fall for him again, but here I was breaking the promise so well.

~•~

The next morning, everyone looked so determined to step outside of this room. They looked fearless. Crazy how the desire to have a mere drop of water can make you so different.

"Do we have a plan?" Beomgyu asked after everyone had gathered at the teacher's table, forming a circle. "We definitely cannot go out of the the door." Soobin glanced at the corridor through the window that was being thickly covered by zombies.

"They have increased to a high amount." Kiara stared out of the window at the zombies who hobbled aimlessly. "We only have one escape route now." Yeonjun looked at the other opened window across the door.

"You're talking as if you're suggesting us to jump out of that window." I joked. But Yeonjun looked at me, seriousness covering his face. "You really are suggesting it." My mouth flung open. So did the mouths of many others'.

"You're not telling us to kill ourselves, are you?" Hueningkai asked. "Are you stupid?" Yeonjun snapped at him. "Look down this window. There's a balcony right below this. We'll jump onto that balcony." He added.

"What if we fail...?" Yuna muttered. "Then, you die." Taehyun stated as a matter of fact. At this rate, Yuna looked scared of Taehyun than of the zombies. She swallowed a lump.

"But we'll have to check first if that balcony is safe and if it is not safe, we'll all jump onto it, one by one, as fast as we can and we'll be on the first floor. Then, we can stride towards the ground floor and go to the canteen." Yeonjun explained.

"You know right, that this plan has too many risks?" Beomgyu said. "I know. But, still we must execute this plan." Yeonjun sighed out. "So, who is willing to go first to check it?" Yeonjun asked. "Won't that person who goes there first will have the risk of getting attacked?" Yuna questioned.

Yeonjun nodded. Everyone, including me weren't willing to meet Yeonjun's eyes. Except for Taehyun, he was looking straight into Yeonjun's eyes. But when Taehyun opened his mouth, about to volunteer, Yeonjun spoke, "I will go."

"But-" Taehyun was about to protest but Yeonjun spoke over him, "I'm the oldest here, I should take this responsibility." "Yeah, you are old." Taehyun lowly said and gained a smack from Yeonjun on his arm.

"But, Yeonjunnie, ain't it dangerous?" Yuna blinked her eyes while clinging onto his arm. "A-ah yeah..." But then Yeonjun muttered under his breath, "those zombies aren't as dangerous as you."

"Uh? Did you say something?" Yuna asked in a baby voice. "No!" Yeonjun said quickly.

After a while, Yeonjun got himself ready to jump out of the window. He equipped himself with a baseball bat that he happened to find in the cupboard of the classroom. The others were getting ready too. Everyone had armed themselves with anything like a baseball bat, a rod, etc. While, I found myself a straightener that was found in the bags of one of the students.

Don't you dare sneer, Yuna was carrying a frying pan! Everyone was looking for a better equipment while I was staring out of the window. "Y/n.." I heard Taehyun's voice as he approached me and stood right beside me.

I shifted my glance towards him. "You want to hold hands again?" He spoke in a soft voice. I looked at him in confusion. What does he mean. He seemed to realise that I didn't quite get what he meant.

"I- I mean.. just like how we got here... You know, it's more safe. We can jump down together and then-" But I cut his words after I glanced back at the others busy to find something useful.

"I don't think it's the right idea... Leaving them out and just trying to save ourselves... And also, holding hands makes it harder to fight... I would refuse.." I gave him a faint smile. He returned the same smile.

"I understand..."