Chapter 27

"EVRYONE MUST GET TO THE GROUND FLOOR WITHIN 10 MINUTES AND GATHER AT THE READING AREA. THE DINNER IS BEING SERVED. IF YOU DON'T GET HERE IN TIME,NO FOOD FOR YOU. I REPEAT, EVERYONE MUST..."

Professor Namjoon's voice echoed through the speakers of the library that were placed in each of the library floors.

We hadn't left the ground floor ever since we arrived around an hour ago. I wanted to go up and search for Taehyun but Yeonjun insisted he atleast needed a few hours for himself as his 'private time' and it'd be best not to interfere if I wanted to keep a good relation with him in the future.

After a while, some of the students were serving the 'dinner'. Well, it was just packaged food. Like Ramyeon. But in this situation, after being starved for days and remembering how I love Ramyeon, this was a great dinner for me. The minor problem was that, will this fill us?

In any way, all the students and some other staff members seemed to have been starving too as all of them attacked the food. So did I. I was too hungry to think about eating slowly and patiently while chewing for a certain number of times.

Professor Namjoon was now sitting among the people present too. He was offered cooked Ramyeon too. Students who were wandering around the library probably because it was the first time for them seeing this as they had never been here had come down for food as well.

There were around 5-7 more students added. They were offered Ramyeon as well. Everyone was stuffing food into their mouths as though they had been waiting for this moment for years.

No longer after this, we were also offered water in glasses. We had a few glasses of water some minutes after we had arrived too. But still drinking water just started feeling so nice.

Some even started chocking on the food as they were eating so fast. "Calm down, calm down, my students, eat slowly." Professor Namjoon passed everyone a smile.

After a while I had finished eating. It might not have been much filling for someone who was hungry for days now. But, it did make my hunger go away.

"What about Taehyun? He hasn't eaten anything yet." I turned to Yeonjun who was still eating, beside me. "He must be needing his alone time. Don't worry. He'll be back when he's fine." Yeonjun focused on eating.

I was about to say something else but Professor Namjoon suddenly spoke. "Y'all can be saved." Evryone turned their heads to him at once, dropping their own talkings.

"There will be a helicopter coming here at around 9 o'clock in the morning. Ofcourse, not all of you can fit into the helicopter. At most, only 5 of you may fit there." This statement of Professor Namjoon landed the place in muffled murmurs.

"However, all of you can be saved as the ones who manage to get out can convince the government to bring more help. Since, whoever goes there won't have a zombie bite, the officials will believe you much to atleast come here and take a look." Professor Namjoon said.

"Anyone who wants to volunteer?" Professor Namjoon's question shot several hands up in the air. "We need to get out ASAP. Raise your hand." Yeonjun whispered in my ear. I did as I was told to.

I noticed that Beomgyu, Hueningkai and Yeonjun had all raised their hands up in the air. "We have no idea if whoever goes will be able to bring help. So, it's best to get out." Beomgyu said, in a low-tone.

Almost everyone must've had the same thought in their minds as almost all of the students present there raised their hand, wanting to be safe.

"I've managed to contact the government and Y/n," Professor Namjoon turned to me, "Your brother will be here with the helicopter." He then faced evryone. "And he ensures that everyone will be safely taken out of here within 24 hours after the helicopter comes through other sources."

"It's still not surely sure. 5 seats, 5 of us. That's it." Beomgyu muttered just loud enough for us to hear.

Professor Namjoon must've expected some hands to go down when he said that. But since nothing of that sort happened, he let out a breath.

"I suppose you are all old enough to make decisions for yourselves. I don't want to be someone who chooses any five of you to escape and not even give the rest a chance. So, whoever wishes to go and give it a try to escape, you may. You're always welcome to stay though. Don't take it as I'm trying to chase you away. However,if you want to leave, I won't stop you. We have about a week's food. Just saying." Professor Namjoon explained.

"We have people who can survive. We'll give it a try." Yeonjun muttered to us. I don't know if I'm making the right choice. But it seemed like one. Also, my brother will be coming.... I'm not really sure how to feel about that one.

"I see that everyone is done eating." Professor Namjoon looked around at the plates of the students. "I have enough sleeping bags ready for all of you. All of you should take a rest. A peaceful one. Without having the tension that a zombie might leap in." Professor Namjoon tried to console everyone.

And after a while, the seats in the reading area were pushed away to the corners, making a huge space on the floor in the middle of the room. Professor Namjoon had provided everyone with a sleeping bag. Everyone was getting into their sleeping bags, trying to get a rather peaceful sleep as compared to the preceding days.

My sleeping bag was between Beomgyu and Hueningkai, while Yeonjun was on the other side of Hueningkai. They were getting into their own sleeping bags.

"Yeonjun.." I called out. He turned to me with a hum. "Taehyun isn't back yet." I was tensed about it the whole time. Yeonjun bit his lower lip, he must be having the same thought somewhere in his mind.

"Don't worry.... He'll be back." Yeonjun didn't sound much convincing. "Yes, he always wanders off at night. Don't worry. He won't be eaten by zombies." Beomgyu reassured me. I gave him a small nod even though I wasn't much convinced.

"I'll be turning the lights off now. No more talking or I'll throw you out there. Go to sleep." Professor Namjoon said before turning off the lights of the library.

But it wasn't completely dark now. The moonlight that came through the windows had lit it up a little. Just enough for one not to crash into something.

I hope Taehyun is fine.... I tried to sleep.