Chapter 18: Meeting Kaden Myles

Well it's a nice, sunny Sunday afternoon and I feel like going to the park. My mom was at work of course, I don't know why my family members love working so much, they just love making that dough. For a woman that just came out of the hospital a couple months ago, from doing a major surgery, she is very hearty. I always tell her to rest and take a break, but nooooo, she just wants to work all the time. I made breakfast and dinner for my mother before she left. We socialized for a bit, watched some T.V, then she left out. I tidied the place leaving it sparkly clean, took a shower and dressed myself in my short shorts I loved to wear and a pink marina. I took my phone and keys and head out to the park. The community looked nice and quiet. My neighbors waved and welcomed me to the area. I went to the park and see that there is a lot going on. This park was huge. There was a play ground for kids in one section, a football field, for those who wish to do whatever they choose. A basketball court was present. That was just the front part of the park. I kept on walking toward the back, I noticed there was a little tennis court present and another little play ground for kids. As I continued to explore my surroundings, I noticed that this park was is actually a big circle. With a boys and girls club in the middle of it. In the middle of the park beside the boys and girls club there was also a lake. Inside the club, towards the back there was a pool present. This park was busy and many people were doing different activities. You could even exercise on the many exercising machines, that were placed in different places in the park. I was impressed with the cleanliness of this community park and chose to take a picture to upload on Facebook and Instagram, with the hashtag "#chilling at the park". Well since I knew no one at the park, I looked around for a bit longer and went straight home.

School the Next Day

Candy, Tony and I met up before school began. We got kinda close, but only because we were all from the same country and we were knew to the school. When we meet up and socialize the main topic would usually be about Jamaica and the things we missed about it. We would compare different things. Like Jamaican schools to American schools, Jamaican boys to American boys, the different foods in both countries, the parties in both countries. Anything that could be comparable we would compare it and always say Jamaica is better. That's just our opinion though. Candy and Tony came two different parts of Jamaica, although they were sisters. Candy was living in St. Elizabeth, with her grandma. While Tony came from St. James after living with her dad. Both sisters has different fathers and is now living with their mother. Tony was the younger of the two and better looking. her hair was lengthy, she was short and slender. Candy on the other hand had missing edges and short hair. She has a medium height and her teeth were spacious with black gums. They were cool to chill with.

While we were chilling a bunch of boys came and stopped in front of us. One of them was looking seductively at Tony, as she did the same. I am guessing that's her little boo thing. He took her by the hand and brought her to a corner and started kissing her and so forth. I never wanted to seem nosey or whatever so I turned my head to Candy and the other boys there. Candy had not taken her eyes off of her sister and her boo. If that was me and she was staring down on me like that, I am pretty sure I'd be feeling awkward. But I guess that's just her. The boys that were standing were full of vibes but it seemed to me as if they talk a lot. They were funny and all, but don't seem to know when to stop. They were making fun of the boys and girls that were walking by. The group of boys were also hollering at girls they don't know, trying to get with them. None of them were cute and the girls they were hitting on were way out of their league. So I know they won't have a chance, plus they were trying too hard. That's none of my business though. I was rather bored and they were making a big clown out of themselves, so what can I say? Candy started telling them that they were idiots and whatever, trying to diss them. She got dissed instead. The group of boys turned on her, telling her that she ugly as fuck. I was close to her but not that close, so I just laughed. Tony and her boy friend came back. I could see little lipstick stains on his lips and cheeks. When Candy saw them she began to say some stuff, acting like its the first she saw someone kiss somebody. For being the big sister she acts like a child. No wonder the boys was dissing her like that. Tony's boyfriend gave her a disgusted look and so did the rest of us. I knew she felt like shit. As I said before we were close but not that close, so I just laugh. If you know me and know me well, I am a huge laugher. I will laugh at anything. I don't care who you are, if I feel like laughing at you I am going to do just that. While I was laughing my ass off, Tony's boyfriend looked at me.

Raymond: "You live by the park?😐"

What a great way to start the conversation! Have him a puzzled look. I don't know this person and he asking me if I live by the park. That was weird but then I answered and said yes.

Raymond: " I knew it was you. I saw your picture on Facebook and recognized the back ground. I know because I always go over there on Sundays and Saturdays.😐"

Kimberly: "Oh, well that was the first I ever went over there. I was bored and had nothing to do so, yea."

Raymond: "Oh maybe we can meet up this weekend.😐"

Kimberly: "Ok no problem. I have no one else to chill with anyways. I only live with my mom so, it's just me.

As Raymond and I spoke I could see Tony getting really upset. I don't know what's her problem, we were just talking. She young anyways so I would understand. Tony looked like fourteen I am seventeen, I was her age once and I understand how she felt. Raymond was sixteen years of age. She didn't have to worry though younger guys aren't my type, she has nothing to worrying about. We changed numbers and went about our daily lives as the bell rang.

Saturday Evening

I was chilling at home by myself when I got a call. It was Raymond, he told me he was on her way. I heard people in the background and was curious enough to ask who they were. He said he brought along some friends and that he wasn't planning on walking alone. He wanted me to meet him and I reluctantly went. I never wanted to go because I specifically told him that in the road he is walking on, all he has to do is look out for a park and make a left turn. I guess that was difficult for him, so I left. I finally caught up to Raymond and two other guys that he brought with him. One of the boys name was Tyson. Tyson has a nice dark skin tone he is short, stubby and quite humorous. While the other was Kaden Myles. He is light-skinned and got a little afro going on and has a nice smile. I can tell that he is quite the people person. I was blushing over this guy but shyly of course. All of them seem cool and nice to chill with. For the rest of the evening, we got to know each other and soon meeting up with each other became a regular thing.