Chapter 2: Why'd You Leave?

Dayan: "Hey,What's up Kimberly? You good?"
A really good friend of mine, Dayan Jones, is waiting for me where he always does. He always waits for me when I get home. We would do homework together, although he's kinda slow in reading. For a guy who is slow in reading he knows his math. I really don't know how that works but he showed that is possible. Dayan always had abs and muscle and so forth. Yea, I was always interested in guys with abs and muscle. I mean I loved boys who looked like that especially when they have the bowed legs going on.... hmmm. You just don't know. Dayan and I was too good of friends to talk to. He was like a brother to me, we grew up together, he came over my house and we slept in the same bed as kids with my nephew. We had play fights, and speaking of fights, Dayan will do anything to keep me safe. Dayan was my brother and protector. I couldn't ever break that relationship we had. We were just right the way we were.
Kimberly: "Yea, am good. How about you? I haven't seen you in a while though, what's wrong? Why you forgetting me,you need to stop?"

Dayan: "Why you sweating yow? It ain't nothing like that?"

Kimberly: "Then what is it, you found a new girl, you cheating on me 😂😂?"

Dayan: "You ain't easy at all you know that, Kimmy!"

Kimberly: "😧😧 gasp... I can't believe it!!"
Kimberly saw it in Dayan's eyes that he was trying to hide something.

Dayan: "Believe what??"

Kimberly: " You got a girl, you really do... haha!!"

Dayan: "☺️☺️ no I don't. ((blushing uncontrollably))

Kimberly: " Dayan, who you think you talking to? Ain't no body know you like how I do. Now it's either you crushing on someone or you have someone. Im not gonna stop until you tell me who it is, Mr. Jones 😈😈."

Dayan: " You don't know anything about me 😡😡."

Kimberly: " What do you mean I don't know anything about you, how can you say that? We grew up together like no one else has and you're gonna say that😔😔."

Dayan: " Well if you did you would've known what's up with me😒😒!!"

Later That Night

I've never seen him that way before. I don't know what got into him, to be honest. Like I haven't seen this boy in like four days; almost a week. Then he wanna bring up some unknown argument. What a flaw move that is? I know there's nothing wrong in the family, else I would've known. I am too close to his family to not know what's going on or for them not to tell me or my family. So what could be the problem? Should I approach him, but I am not that kinda of person. I usually keep things to myself and let things be what is it is. On the other hand this is my friend and not just any type of "friend", which many people confuse with associates. This was my good friend, best friend even. I feel the need to approach and resolve this issue.

The Next Day

I woke up the next morning, trying to find the right words to say to Dayan. Should I go up to him and be like, "Why the hell did you say that for, am I not your sister?" Or should I approach him with a nice calm smile, asking him what's wrong? I don't know what to do cause this is the first am experiencing this. He has never portrayed himself this way before.

A girl like me growing up with strict guardians had to do chores and homework before going out to chill with friends. I had no problem with that, because a dirty house Kimberly did not like. If the house is dirty no one would want to be around you. They'll talk trash about how your house is filthy and on one in the community will welcome you into their house. It's like saying, if you keep your house dirty most likely you'll dirty mines. And no one wants a dirty guest. Independently I got up and did my chores. Which were to clean the bathroom, living, veranda and my room. I left the place shiny and spotless like a true Jamaican should. My nephew's job was to clean the kitchen, his room and outside. Most times I would have to redo his job because he was so lazy at everything. I wouldn't do his room though that was a big No No.

After finishing my chores, I set off to find my best friend. Still confused at what was wrong, what I might have forgotten, what I didn't do or should've done. All this ran through my mind. As I thought about it I grew angrier inside. At the same time I was keeping my calm because what if I wasn't the problem but was too caught up in myself and my insecurities to look for a friend. Yea, maybe that's the problem, I just never looked for him. Maybe he wanted me to look for him and just show concern and that I care enough for him. After all, he is the middle child. You know how they are. When there're about to get all the attention from mommy and daddy, then boom the another unexpected baby comes into the picture. Causing the second child attention to be reduced. So yea, that must be the problem. Maybe just maybe he thinks I haven't got any time for him or even thinks I'm replacing him for another friend. I'll bring it up to him and tell him I'm sorry. First I have to find him.

Standing outside Dayan's gate, calling and calling continuously. Unfortunately, there was no answer. Not from the person I wanted to hear from though. I got an answer from his self-centered brother, Jordan Jones. Dayan's older brother, who thought the world revolved around him. He always wants to be in the newest of the new and just because he's the cuter of the two brothers, he thinks he can get all the girls. Ha! Not this one.
Jordan: "He's not here, but I can keep your company😏😏!"

Kimberly: "Eww.... Jordan, no thank you and good bye😒😒."

Jordan: "Come on Kimmy, stop acting like you don't wanna stay with me😏😏."

Kimberly: "Keep dreaming Jordan, but that would be pointless too because not even in your dreams would I stay with you😒😒.

Can you believe this guy. What would I do with a self-centered bastard like him. He must be smoking something but he's definitely not smoking hot, for all I know. Whatever, he's not the main topic. I still haven't found Dayan and I'm getting worried. He is always at home when I come over. Why isn't he here now? Where could he be? I went around some of his other friends asking. And still never got a clue of where he might be. What could be wrong? What could I have done to make him disappear?