REGROUP AND RECOVER

✲꘏ ꘏ ꘏ ꘏✲_________________________________________✲꘏ ꘏ ꘏ ꘏✲

Asta smiles as he watches the scene in front of him. It reminded him of his younger days at the orphanage with Yuno and the other kids. But this touching scene doesn't last long as a massive glass creature bursts from the snow, its fist slamming between Asta, Gauche, and Marie.

They quickly spring into action. Asta's demonic form emerges as he wields his anti-magic sword and slashes through one of the creatures, obliterating it with a surge of anti-magic energy.

MARIE

(excitedly)

Asta! Thank you!

GAUCHE

(irritated)

TCH! What are you doing here?

ASTA

Helping!

GAUCHE

Whatever, let's just get rid of these pests!

Gauche remembers that his mirror eye is not modified to make a strong laser anymore but quickly thinks of an alternative. Gauche conjures many mirrors that shoot beams of light into a fixed point of another mirror. The mage reflects the combined energy to the creature which pierces through it, similar to his magnified tool.

However, he still struggles to protect Marie and effectively fight off the relentless onslaught.

Just as the situation seems dire, Noelle and the others, including Simone, arrive to lend their assistance. Together, they combine their strengths to overwhelm and defeat the remaining creatures.

With the immediate threat eliminated, they gather together, catching their breath and taking a moment to regroup.

NOELLE

(panting)

That was close. Good thing we arrived when we did.

ASTA

(grinning)

Yeah, we make a great team!

MARIE(looking at Simone)

You... You're the one who was pretending to be my brother.

GAUCHE

(glancing at Simone's spirit)

You! You've caused us so much trouble. What are you doing here?

SIMONE

(apologetically)

I know I've caused problems, Gauche, and I'm sorry. But your friend Grey is in danger.

The group, remembering previous events, proceeds to update Asta and Gauche on the situation, with Gauche telling Marie to sit elsewhere.

ASTA

What? Now Grey-senpai's controlled too!?

VANESSA

Somewhat. It seems like Grey does have some sort of control, she managed to use her transform magic even under the control of dark magic.

SIMONE

There are two souls within their body now.

The group turns to Simone as he begins to explain their current predicament.

SIMONE

Reina's mirror magic, Grey's transformation, and the dark entity. The destruction of the chamber has stalled the entity, but it won't be for long. We have around an hour before it breaks free from the rubble.