impending doom

"chapter 9"

✲꘏ ꘏ ꘏ ꘏✲_________________________________________✲꘏ ꘏ ꘏ ꘏✲

As Grey flies toward the base, her mind drifts off in her own thoughts. 

What could Gauche have been doing that night?

Magna hasn't seen him enter his room at night... and by Gauches previous explaination on his inky fingers, she assumed that he must have been in the library writing ... something? But why would he do that? He had a big day the following morning to meet Marie. Unless whatever he was writing was in relation to his sister then.. it was plausible. '

But then theres lying to Magna about the mission.

Gauche was hard to read, but if she knew one thing about him its that if he were to lie, than he would have to be getting something out of it.

Grey shook her feathery head. 

She wasnt the thinking type, nor could she play the detective game. Grey was never good in those aspects either, she usually was a team player rather than the team leader. 

But ever since she joined Black bull...

Ever since she met Gauche again, he was always was able to focus her and use her transformation abilities to the best of her abilities. He was indeed rude and uncouth, sometimes it would make her sigh but she admired him a lot since the day he saved her. 

You hang out with him a lot. I'm just asking what you think of him. 

Grey felt her chest squeeze remembering that encounter with Magna. His question really threw her off guard but at the same time it excited her. There was something about the opportunity that made her want to preach to people about Gauche and all his cute sides. She wanted to let everyone know about how amazing and caring he is and-

...

Grey shook her head rapidly as she started to realize that she might be becoming another Gauche 2.0 faster than she thought.

She abruptly bumps into Gordon, who is flying rather fast. They both fall down, and Grey loses her bird transformation, returning back to normal.

"Are you okay my friend?" Gordan says as he quickly readjusts his cap with a haste

Rubbing her head, Grey nods "Yeah, I'm fine. W-what's going on? Why are you in s-such a rush?"

Frantically Gordan steps a bit closer to the transformation mage, "Grey, have you seen our friend Gauche? I need to talk to him!:

Hearing the commotion, another black bull member joins in "Is everything okay?"

Grey acknowledges the question of concern "Yeah, I-I'm fine now that my transformation came off. W-what's going on, Gordon?

" I found this book" Gordon explains as he presents it, "and it's connected to our friend Gauche. He's been recommending books to me, including this log book. Look!

Gordon shows Grey and Charmy what he's learned from the book. The book seems like a normal log book at first, but when Gordon puts a black light on the pages, the text changes. It's a mix of different handwriting from different people, but they all talk about dark magic and its connection to forbidden magic. Many experiments were done on a mirror in continuation of this idea.

Grey flips through the pages" T-This is insane! What's the connection between Gauche and this cursed mirror?"

"The artifacts that Asta and the others are collecting are actually seals. If they remove them, the location of the cursed mirror will be revealed. And that's where Gauche comes in... at least if he is our friend Gauche.

Charmy: Eh?? Whats that supposed to mean!

Noticing a summoning sigil, Grey asked "Is Gauche planning to summon something?"

Gordon nods, "That's what I'm afraid of. He could be using Asta and the others to get rid of the seals while he goes to the cursed mirror to prepare the summoning ritual."

Charmy: [joining the conversation] WAIT! I remember when I was with Gauche in his room and he forgot about the Marie dolls he made! That's how I knew that the Gauche we saw this morning was definitely sketchy!

Grey: [shocked] G-Gauche was acting odd after coming back from the dungeon with Finral last night...

"Perhaps in their mission, our friend Gauche encountered the mirror mentioned in this book? The mirror is said to have dark magic. What if Gauche is being influenced by the mirror?" Gordon theorized with concern.

Charmy: But how can Gauche get close to a cursed mirror that wasn't even revealed yet? Didn't you say there were seals that hide the mirror?

Grey voiced out a part in the book, "It says here that one of the seals was a shard from the original cursed mirror." 

Gordon agrees "Maybe that's what affected my friend Gauche."

Grey gripped the book but let out a huff of air. She summoned her broom and hovered alightly above her squadmates," W-we have to stop the impostor posing as Gauche. Q-quickly, get on your broom. We have to find him before it's too late!

Gordon and Charmy are taken aback by Greys odd assertiveness but follow anyway.

Grey, Gordon, and Charmy quickly get on their brooms and fly off into the forest, determined to find the impostor and stop him from unleashing the cursed mirror onto the world.