PAST REGRETS

✲꘏ ꘏ ꘏ ꘏✲_________________________________________✲꘏ ꘏ ꘏ ꘏✲

The group surrounds Simone to interrogate him but surprisingly Simone just tells them everything.

Simone was a nobleman from decades ago, he was the creator of one of the first few magic items in the world. He ran away from his status with a commoner named Reina however one day, his family placed a forbidden curse on her in revenge for Simones abandonment. The forbidden magic cursed Simone's family as well, killing all of them in the next week after they placed the curse. The next few years after, Simone dedicated his entire life to finding a cure for a forbidden curse.

At some point, a hooded figure came to him with money and materials. They too were trying to understand forbidden magic and its complexity. While working for the hoods, Simone dabbled with dark magic after seeing the ability for it to absorb magic. He worked with the mages and made dark magic that purified cursed objects by absorbing the curse. At some point the dark magic became unstable so they used a mirror to keep the dark magic stored.

One day Simone thought the dark magic was ready, so he tried to remove the curse on Reina but at this point the forbidden magic has enveloped her entire body, slowly chipping at her life. Simone was desperate and poured the dark magic on her.

The dark magic absorbed the curse but unfortunately Reinas body was so filled with the curse that it didn't have a body to revert back to. Reinas original body was far too gone over time that it was too late. The dark magic absorbed Reinas body and returned to the mirror.

The dark magic became a dark entity and started to absorb everything in their labs. Simone, realizing the monster he created, made a formula to create his best invention yet. A dimension. He made a mirror dimension (because his attribute was mirror magic so it was easier)in the mirror to keep the Dark entity inside and told the remaining hoods to seal the mirror away. However the hooded figures betrayed him in the middle of the banishing and pushed him into the dark entity. The entity took his soul and brought him to the mirror world.

In the mirror world Simone sees the souls of the people he experimented on. He traveled the mirror world for what seemed like years and at some point the mirror world suddenly was inhabited by twisted glass creatures. Simone remembered the animals they used in the experiments and realized that their souls must have had no mana to survive the influence of the dark entity and mutated with the environment.

Simone created tools using formulas and his wit to survive the cruelties of the mirror world. At some points he would be sent out of the mirror world in someone else's body and the dark entity would spit instructions in his ears loudly and harshly. Every time he refused and was shot back into the mirror world and tortured by the dark entity once more. He noticed that people from the real world would sometimes make contact with the mirror somehow and the dark entity pulls their soul in and switches them with a soul from the mirror world and since it claims their souls, they are forced to the entity's will.

As the days started to feel like centuries Simone felt like giving up but then one day he saw Reina. Her body was covered with the forbidden curse, she looked very different from when he met her. He tried to reach out to her but when he got close he realized that Reinas soul was taken over by the dark entity. He saw that the dark entity was trying to use Reina's soul as a conduit for when the next person touches the mirror.

Simone creates a creature to trap Reina in its glassy body. Simone had found a new determination. He would destroy the mirror world once and for all to set Reinas' soul free from the dark entity even if it kills him. Simone waited patiently for the next person to touch the mirror and that person happened to be Gauche. Simone chased after the entity to allow him to be the next soul that will be switched.