Chapter 20

Enadira's eyes started to flutter open. "Where am I?" she thought, looking around with her head. "Your in the nursery wing," a voice said, and she turned to her attention. It was Dumbledore himself standing at the end of the bed. "Professor Dumbledore," Enadira said. All of a sudden, Enadira's memories became clear about what happened. "Oh my goodness, where is Harry? Did he defeat Voldemort? Are my friends okay?" Enadira began to ask questions, to which Albus put his hand up.

"They're fine; everyone is safe and sound," Dumbledore said. Enadira sighed. "Oh, thank goodness," she said. "How long was I out?" she asked. "Four days," he said. Enadira stood up fast. "Four days!" she said, surprised. Albus chuckled. "Yes, Enadira," he said. "You seem to have good friends for all the gifts left for you," he said, showing his hand toward a table at the end of the bed. Enadira didn't notice and looked at the end of her bed.

Enadira was in awe of the amount of flowers, cards, candies, and small gifts on the table. There was a particular one that caught Enadira's eye. It was a pot with an Astrantia flower, and standing beside it was a letter. What Enadira didn't know was that Albus was watching her and noticed she saw Snape's gift. "Well, I just wanted to say thank you for your help, and I am glad that you are all right," Dumbledore said.

Enadira's attention went toward him. "Oh, well, the pleasure is all mine, and thank you," she said, and she was alone now. Enadira was in bed, moved toward the flower, and took the letter. She opened the letter and read it aloud. "Dear Ms. Cromwell, feel better soon," she said. Below, it was signed with only the letter S. Enadira looked at the flower and back at the letter and blushed.

She realized Snape gave her a gift and visited her after. "I get the feeling he was also the one who found me unconscious," she thought. She smiled and was very thankful for the gift he gave her. Just then, she heard footsteps, looked up, and saw Snape himself. "Professor Snape," she said as he walked closer, but not too close either.

"Ms. Cromwell, Professor Dumbledore told me that you have awakened," he said. "Yes, I feel much better than four days ago," she said jokingly. There was a bit of silence between the two as they cleared their throats. "I saw your gift; the flower is most beautiful," she said, pointing at it. "I figured you would need your strength," he said.

"I do wish to ask you something," he said. "Yes?" Enadira asked. "While you suspected Quirrell with good reasons, how did you not suspect me?" he asked her, and she can tell he was most confused by that. "You just didn't seem the type to me," she said. "But how?" he asked again, still confused by her answer. "Professor Snape, while sometimes you can be a bit hard on us during potions and tend to show favoritism toward their own house only, I truly believed that despite all that, you aren't bad," she said. "I just think you're misunderstood," she said.

Snape scoffs "If only you told me your plans," he said. "We both hid our plans, but we were on the same side in the end," Enadira said. "Perhaps now we should trust one another; what do you say?" she asks him, reaching out her hand. "What?" he asked, confused. "Do you trust me?" she asked him. Snape thought for a minute, and while they were on the same side, her words appeared to be true.

"I suppose you trust me?" he asked her, and she nodded. "Yes," she said, and they shook hands. They felt a tingle when they touched. Snape released himself immediately after and shook his robes. "Well, things are in order; I must go," he said. "I suppose we shall see each other in the ceremony," he said. "The ceremony?" Enadira asked, confused.

"The house cup?" Snape asked, raising his brow. "Oh," Enadira said, embarrassed; she turned pink. "Good day, Ms. Cromwell," he said as he left. "And you, Professor," she said as he went off. It appeared Snape came back and walked straight toward her. "What I don't understand is why you put yourself in danger," he asked her, now annoyed.